“cheap cheerful frıendly”
Review of Mavi Guesthouse

Mavi Guesthouse
Ranked #109 of 1,074 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Sıtuated only 100 metres from sultan ahmet mosque and ın the centre of the dıstrıct , mavı guest house ıs probably the most popular optıon for solo travelers and backpackers.
ıts offers dormıtory accomodatıon , as well as prıvate rooms.
Great management (Alı bey) and staff , frıendly and very helpful , ıt also offers a range of tourıst related actıvıtıes and servıces ıf requested.
Very good meetıng poınt , fabulous rooftop vıews , wıth a laıd back , frıendly atmosphere.
the approach ıs welcomıng , ınformal , and very homely.
Great.

Room Tip: Dormıtory for solo and backpackers. I opted for prıvate room wıth en suıte for a couple of nıghts t...
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Mavi Guesthouse

Reviewed 17 June 2016

After finding Mavi Guesthouse on Hostelworld, I did my usual Tripadvisor review search and found majority of reviews were very favourable, these reviews don't paint the whole picture.
Mavi Guesthouse is owned and operated by the most incredible bloke I've ever met in my travels, Mehmet or Ali as he likes to be called, is so helpful and is always more than happy to help where ever he can. Less than a day after I had booked our accommodation, I received an email from Ali offering a transfer service from the airport to the hostel, as I would later find out this was just the beginning of Ali's assistance throughout our stay.
The hostel is excellent for the price, the beds were comfortable and had fresh clean sheets and covers on them, the rooms were also very tidy and clean and the small downstairs area was perfect for breakfast, again it is excellent for the price of your stay. The location is so central and perfect for any tourist as you are literally a couple minutes walk to the Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque.
But the real draw card is Ali, he helped organise a cruise for us, the transfers there, the overnight bus, he basically walked us through step by step where we were going, what stops we'd be taking and what transfer buses we needed. All this and he got us a 12% discount on the cruise.
100% will be back there when we make our way back to Istanbul.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

This guesthouse is really great. For all traveller that wish to visit Istanbul , this is the best place to stay . Trust me its worth . Ali yes is the best ! I miss him so much . This guesthouse is located near Blue Mosque so its is easy for us . And the most important is the price is really affordable !

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Ali was the best! He was very helpful and accommodating. He scheduled a hot air balloon ride and tours for us in our next stop in Cappadocia and he gave us tips around Istanbul, too. My 4-bed dorm (that I had to myself for one night and with only one other girl the other night) was nice and clean, although the bathrooms could be a bit cleaner. I would advise to stay away from booking a bed at the top floor though, it's a huge messy dorm and it's not worth a saving a few euros for. But do check out the rooftop! It has a nice view of the Hagia Sophia and you can also see the Blue Mosque. Also, Ali has some gym weights in the lobby and on the rooftop so if you're craving a workout like my friend and I were, these were an extremely nice plus to have! The wifi worked pretty well here, I didn't really have many problems with it besides it going out for a moment a few times and not being high-speed, but you can get everything done with it, in both the dorm room and downstairs in the lobby. Also a huge plus is a full kitchen here! And a nice and simple continental Turkish breakfast of a hard boiled egg, jam and butter and bread, and tomatoes and cucumbers. The best part about this hostel, besides Ali, was the location! Only a few minutes walk from the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Definitely best hostel in Istanbul!

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Brittany S
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Ali the owner and his staff are the kindest of people! They will help you with anything. Staying here felt like being apart of one big family. Beds aren't the comfiest but the toilets always worked and showers were always hot. Great traditional breakfast included. Fantastic location! Just steps away from the main attractions and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends