1,596 results
All reviewsolive restaurantrooftop restauranthagia sophiabreakfast teamblue mosqueold towngrand bazaarguest relationswalking distancegulhane tram stationtop floorturkeybreakfast was excellentamazing hotelturkish bathrooms are smallhotel location
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Yaşmak sultan for a week in our Istanbul trip, cleaning is super good and we had our breakfast in the rooftop Olive restaurant and it is I think one of the best considering their service and the attention of their staff. They want to make sure you are satisfied with your food and service. And they have a great view of Bosphorus. So absolutely recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Yasmak Hotels T, Genel Müdür at Yasmak Sultan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Dear Our Guest,

I am thrilled to read that you had a pleasant stay with us; we aim to make our guests feel truly welcome and comfortable throughout their time with us and so I am delighted to learn that this was noticed and that you liked your room and the facilities.

Warm Regards,
Yasmak Sultan Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Hotel is very central and one of the best location in Istanbul. You can easily explore the shopping areas around and can even walk to the Grand Bazaar from it.
The breakfast that is served is such a big choice and tasteful . The service is outstanding all over from reception to housekeeping.

Room Tip: It is a very central location
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Guest Andre B,

We are thrilled to read that you had a pleasant stay with us, our main aim is to make our guests feel truly welcome and comfortable throughout their time with us and so we are delighted to learn that this was noticed and that you liked the staff and the facilities.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018

In our trip in Istanbul in August 2017 we stayed in the magnificent hotel Sultania for 3 nights. We loved everything in this accommodation. First of all, the hotel is in a key position for every important landmark (like Hagia Sophia) and tram/busses stops.It served the best breakfast we ever have eaten in Istanbul. It was tasty and it had a huge variety. Also we loved the fact that, waffles,pancakes,omelets and fried eggs were made in front of our eyes by a Chef and contained fresh and yummy ingredients.Moreover, every signle afternoon there was a "tea time" in which coffee,traditional turkish tea, snacks and turkish delights were served.Furthermore rooms were charming, romantic, large, very comfortable and clean, especially our beds. It was our first time to sleep in such a comfortable bed actually and he have stayed in many 5-star hotels in our life. But the best aspect of the hotel was the staff. The Staff was nice,helpful,polite and knowedgable, especially the girl who was sitting in a desk next to main elevator, the staff who was in charge of breakfast and the girls who were serving it. We don't have anything negative to say about our stayment and we are looking forward to visit Hotel Sultania in our very next trip to Istanbul
We are uploading some nice photos of hotel and our room!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are bigger and with more windows
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Our Dearest Guest Ελένη Κ,

Thank you very much for your valuable review here about our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed staying in our hotel and went home with memorable moments from Istanbul.

Your feedback is very important to us as our guest satisfaction is our main priority.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel based on 3 major plus points. LOCATION, bedding and shower. These are 3 essential requirements in a busy city setting and Yaşmak provides all three.

The Gülhane tram stop is less than a mins walk to the left of the hotel and the Sirkeli Marmaray station is less than a mins walk to the right, literally on the same street. You can go east, west, and north Istanbul within mins.

Within 5-10mins walking distance and you are in Sultanahmet area or going the other way you are in Eminönü. The grand bazaar is 3 stops away from Gülhane. Can also easily make your way to and fro from the airport yourself on the Metro but we took a Rideways transfer 22 Euros, 3 passengers each way and it took 20 mins by car each way. (Very good service)

The rooms themselves are slightly small but very comfortable. I had asked for a room with a good view and sunny balcony and got very lucky in room 3214 on the 3rd floor. (Not quite a balcony but there are french opening windows which are heaven to open up and sit in front of, day or night) Initially they had put us in 3014 on the 1st floor which was slightly bigger and had a bathtub rather than walk in shower but due to the street noise and being a light sleeper, I requested a transfer which they accommodated the next day. My only unfortunate incident was that I accidentally left my Pandora ring on the bed and went out, while they did the room transfer and by the time I got back, the room had been cleaned and ring couldn’t be located, but I had signed a waiver regarding personal possessions not being the hotels responsibility so “shrug”.

Beds and pillows were perfect, we had a double room plus extra bed and in some hotels they just add a sofa bed, but I got a proper one! Shower was amazingly powerful and I forgot to ask but they sprayed the most gorgeous heavenly scent in the lobby which I would have loved to buy for home! The walls are a little on the thin side though, on the first night I could hear the next doors TV for a while, word for word whilst I was trying to sleep. Also the hotel is just off a main road with the tram so you will get street noise esp if you leave the window open.

Breakfast was included in the room rate, a buffet breakfast which was on the 6th floor in the Olive restaurant. From research I know the Turkish are renown for their Kahvalti and I have travelled quite a bit around the world plus brekky is my fav meal, so unfortunately I was a little disappointed...they did have a large variety of breads, cheese, cold meats, olives, coffee, Tea, apple tea, 4 hot dishes, and one cook who would make fried Eggs, omelette or waffle for you...but it could have been better in my opinion. The sweet breads and cakes were slightly dry, French Toast was tasteless, omelettes bland, scrambled eggs soggy, and they charged for fresh juice - the carton type ones were free. The only thing I really enjoyed was the Socuk - Turkish sausage.

Overall yes if I visited again I most likely would stay here again, and I enjoyed the visit mainly because of the hotel location but it’s always good to know the pros and cons beforehand to avoid disappointment.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank SukTej
Yasmak Hotels T, Genel Müdür at Yasmak Sultan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear SukTej,

First of all, thank you for choosing Hotel Yaşmak Sultan. It was a pleasure to welcome you here. We would like to point out that our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority and during our 65 years of experience, each and every guest’s review, feedback and complaints have been carefully analysed and we always try to do our best to promptly resolve any issues raised.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and had good time. Our aim is to provide our guests with memorable experiences and I do apologize sincerely for any shortcomings you encountered on your stay.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We sayed in yasmak sultan for few days before going back home. It is very convenient place for its location staff and service. I definitely recommend this place to everyone who thinks about where to go in old town. You wont regret it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple