1,391 results
All reviews agatha christie orient express golden horn historical hotel greta garbo agatha restaurant ernest hemingway modern turkey original elevator turn down service marble bathroom luxury hotel small balcony public areas pierre loti pillow menu istiklal street
Reviewed 4 November 2018

While planning my most recent trip to Turkey, my daughter-in-law and son recommended that I visit at least Istanbul and Cappadocia. I did.
What about Istanbul? It is city that cannot be portrayed in words. You need to be there, to feel its vibrant ambiance, its food, and uniqueness.
As for Cappadocia, all I can say is, “Embrace Cappadocia”, for it will live in your memories forever.

My daughter-in-law and I chose the same hotel for my stay in Istanbul. It was the Pera Palace Hotel located in the heart of Istanbul and it turned out to be the most perfect choice!

Pera Palace Hotel should be called just, “Pera Palace”, for it is like being in an actual palace. The entire hotel is magnificent, especially the rooms and the unique library. Even its location is perfect.
I was truly taken with the incredibly beautiful library! In this library with a palace like ambiance, you can spend your leisure time reading or making notes at the end of each exciting day of sightseeing while sipping Turkish coffee.

All the staff deserve my best compliments and they included individuals who are generally called “doormen”, however, at the Pera Palace, I would call them my friends.
They are the true faces of the of Pera Palace who greeted me all through my stay with such warm smiles while asking me as to how I was, telling me to have a great day or inquiring about my day to day excursions.
Then, there was the front desk staff, all of whom were very accommodating. They provided me with the various guest services that included dry-cleaning, calling a taxi, giving me directions, and so on. Let’s not forget the housekeeping staff, who always asked if I needed anything and were most obliging.

In the guest relations area, I met my home away from home family….
Evren, a young man who serviced all my requests effortlessly. He possesses a wealth of information that made my stay in Istanbul a memorable one.
There is a young woman, Ece (Saba Ece), she is softly spoken and truly precious. Ece has a never-ending smile, one that I will never forget. She also possesses a treasure of information, which she happily shared with me.
Also, there are two other young women, Yagmur and Siva who were almost always available to make me feel like I was the only guest at Pera Palace.
Evren, Ece, Yagmur, and Shiva exemplified the epitome of service excellence, utmost respect, kindness, patience, and friendship.
Evren, Ece, Yagmur, and Shiva are now my family. They made me feel like the “King” of Pera Palace, which I now call my palace. Teşekkür ederim

Still on the subject of Turkey, you can’t say you have been to Turkey without traveling to a gem of a place called, “Cappadocia”.

Prior to my Turkey trip, I had seen so many photos of the Kayakapi Premium Caves Hotel, but nothing had prepared me for its real and sheer elegance.
I will never forget the hotel and the special people who made my stay an unforgettable one. Refer to my Trip Advisor review on Kayakapi Premium Caves.
My children recommended I experience the famous hot air balloon flight in Cappadocia, and this I did. It was much, much more than just an experience.

As I watched the beautiful sunrise, while gliding in a hot air balloon, surrounded by many other colorful balloons, I could only say, “WOW”. Sharing this experience with newly found acquaintances, made it so much more special.
As if by invitation only, on this day of days, these chosen colorful air balloons and its occupants were meant to grace the clear blue sky. The balloons glided to the rhythm of the breeze only to get close enough, and yet not touch each other.
In fact, balloon pilot Geert Van Wolvelaer’s navigating skills made us feel completely safe. While we explored Cappadocia’s rugged and beautiful terrain, Geert entertained us with his exceptional wit and stories. Thank you, Geert!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Mr. Salim,

Thank you very much for your detailed and kind comments on Tripadvisor.

As Pera Palace Hotel team it was a great pleasure for me and for my colleagues to be able to serve you on your holiday. It is very nice to hear that you felt as your were home and surrended by family in our hotel.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated and that it was such an added value for you.

Please contact me directly on your next visit to Istanbul. We would always be happy to welcome you back in our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

A magical Parisienne atmosphere! Ms. Nurten was a nice and friendly person. We had visited with our baby and she helped us about everything. They have variety of desserts. Coffee was great. We will definitely visit again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in Patisserie de Pera. We appreciate your feedback since it helps us improve our service and your experience.

I am particularly pleased that you found Ms. Nurten to be helpful and friendly and our services to be various.

Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

This is a historic hotel that wears its history like a light shawl on its shoulders: it is warm without being suffocating. It was built to house the well - heeled tourists of the original Orient Express and there is still an atmosphere of quiet grandeur about the place. It also makes an effort to showcase its connection to the crime writer, Agatha Christie.

The lobby can be a bit stuffy and there is too much pink stone and pink upholstery. The lounge is impressive with its domes, dignified furnishings, gilded globes and huge mirrors. They serve a delicious burger here! There is a pretty pastry shop too.

Our room was on the top floor. We had a balcony with a truly memorable view of the Golden Horn. In the morning we could hear the city waking up with cries from the minarets. A much appreciated touch: our bathroom floor was heated!

The people at the front desk were very helpful and accomodating. They even let us have our room though we came in at 6am. I wrote the Manager a short thank you note and I received an amiable email in reply.

The one thing I did not like was the dining room in the basement. I thought it was unimaginatively decorated - boring even - and the waiters were surly.

Room tip: Do not forget to explore the hotel's neighborhood. Many nice sights and shops.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valuable Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience in Pera Palace Hotel on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay.

Each guest feedback is critical to our continual improvement activities, to assist us on being able to deliver the exceptional service Pera Palace Hotel is renowned for and to exceed your expectations for your future visits.

I am delighted to learn that your overall stay was enjoyable and we were able to create an ultimate experience for you. It is very nice to hear that our services and our location were added values for you during your stay in Pera Palace Hotel.

Once again, I thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback about your visit in the Pera Palace Hotel and also for your considerate thank you note.

You are more than welcome to stay in our hotel on your next visit to our beautiful city Istanbul.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Very comfortable and spacious rooms in a historic hotel which has been expertly renovated retaining much of its old atmosphere.

The location could not be bettered in Istanbul.

Outstanding service in the old tradition of the grand hotels: quiet, prompt, and efficient. Exemplified by Mr Ugur Cilesiz
at the Reception . Unfailingly courteous and cheerful, no demand was too much and no problem was beyond his ability to resolve —with tact and competence.

P.Gopinath
France

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Gopinath,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel.

I am particularly pleased that you recognised that we are protecting the historical atmosphere of our hotel. I have also shared your comment with Mr. Uğur Cilesiz and he is very happy to know that his service was appreciated by you.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, hopefully in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We took an upgrade to a Great Garbo room, and it was well worth it: huge room, great bath and shower, brilliant bed, a balcony to chill on. Only issue was our last night, when the bar directly below had a rock band playing until 12.30. Other than that, we could happily have lived in our room.

Staff were professional, helpful and unobtrusive. Room was serviced twice a day, bar staff were lovely and the concierge and reception were hugely helpful in getting taxis, organising our check in, etc.

There is a lovely pool we used a couple of times, with a spa, steam room and Turkish bath. pa treatments and massages are available.

The tea shop is brilliant - the cakes are killers, and we visited four times in the week. Compulsive.

The Pera Palace is my new favourite hotel...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear Raymond ,

I was very pleased to learn that our hotel is now your favourite hotel. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated so many positive elements.

I have shared your kind feedback with the rest of the team, they were equally delighted to know that their efforts are highly appreciated by our guests.

Please contact us directly from gr@perapalace.com for arranging a more silent room for you on your next visit.