1,393 results
All reviews agatha christie orient express golden horn historical hotel greta garbo agatha restaurant ernest hemingway modern turkey original elevator turn down service marble bathroom luxury hotel small balcony public areas pierre loti pillow menu istiklal street
Reviewed 17 October 2018

What can I say? This is a beautifully appointed fabulous historic hotel. The service is second to none. Our bedroom - a twin studio room - was spacious, comfortable and classy. Superb bedding. Bathroom had a luxurious slipper bath and separate shower . Good internet. Excellent value for a five star experience.

Date of stay: October 2018
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel.

I am particularly pleased that you found the hotel and the services to be exceptional. It is very nice to read your kind words about the historical atmosphere that we aim to protect and to know that the modern features are appreciated by our dear guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, hopefully in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2018

Pera Palace is the number one destination in Istanbul for sure. No Question about it. If you are a historic hotel lover like us. You must stay in Pera Palace. Service is amazing. Beds are comfortable. Breakfast is represented true Turkish Breakfast. The location you can't beat. Patisserie and Lobby have own atmosphere. You should experience it. Mr. Evren Esen is one of the best concierge manager. You can ask whatever you want. He will give you to the best answer. Mr. Orcun Tekinel is a great front desk member. He is obsessed with details about your stay. Murat makes you feel special at the lobby and lobby bar and Mr. Ugur Evmez the guy welcome you with a smile when you arrive at the Hotel. Nobody can beat this team with this service. Are you planning to visit Istanbul? Pera Palace is your second home!. Thank you again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Okan,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing such detailed feedback on Tripadvisor. I don't find words enough to express my gratitude for your kind words, especially the ones mentioning my team members. I have shared your kind words with them and they are very pleased to know that their service is appreciated by our dear guests.

It is certainly very gratifying to receive a glowing feedback from a well travelled person such as you are. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed ou heritage bulding and also found our beds comfortable and our breakfast buffet to be respresentative of Turkish Breakfast.

Thank you once again, for your comments and for your support, and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Pera Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2018

good hotel in a very good location
cannot fault the cleanliness / friendliness/professionalism of the staff
There is one thing that the hortel should address as it is not a cheap hotel
the bathroom is an absolute disaster and also dangerous

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vakig

Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor with regards to your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the friendly and professional staff of our hotel and you appreciated the cleanliness and the location of Pera Palace Hotel.

On the other hand I am concerned to hear that you found our bathrooms dangerous. Please inform us about your choice (shower/bathtub) on your next visit. We would be very glad to restore your trust in us.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Mehmet, Esma and Yakup, you were marvelous. You prepared a cake for my fiance, like a family.
The place is really beautiful, good location and nice food. Bravo for the red wine, we are french so we know it.
Recommand !

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Guest,

It is our sincere pleasure to extend our gratitude for your positive and enthusiastic feedback. We are happy to learn that you had a great experience while you visited our hotel property and that you found our location and food to be nice.

I shared your kind words with Mr. Mehmet, Ms. Esma and Mr. Yakup, and they are very pleased to know that their service is higly appreciated by you.

Hope to welcome you back to Pera Palace Hotel, the Pearl of Istanbul, very soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 13 October 2018

Of course, everybody wants to go to stay at the Pera Palace just like Agatha Christie don't they ? The hotel is about three minutes walk from the Metro - Sishane (up the hill opposite the hotel) and a stone's throw from a little shop for tea, milk etc.
We booked a studio room there which looked out over the dual carriageway (I bet it didn't originally) but the double glazing was excellent and you couldn't hear the traffic. We were greeted by the hotel staff and shown where all the facilities were in the hotel which was a nice touch.There are two lifts; one does the lower floors only leaving the single lift to support the normal traffic. Because of the size of the hotel, it wasn't a problem (not like some hotels where we've waited ages..I shall mention no names), The room was spacious and elegant with a wing chair and stool, a spacious, comfy King-size bed, a massive wardrobe and a good sized bathroom with shower, slipper style bath and the usual amenities. The good thing about the shower is that you don't get that steamy room effect when you've showered (that some people - no names mentioned- can't stand). The air conditioning was efficient and quiet. . There was a minibar and safe and (nice touch) and umbrella - just in case. The room has a natty light system for 'do not disturb' and 'please make my room up'. Only downside for some people is the cost of the TV which is Euro25. Not for us - we read books.
There is a terrace on the ground floor for the smokers amongst us though this could be rather chilly and wet, in winter.
We eat at the hotel four times and had a varied selection of food from squid ink pasta to a kebab (with a really hot chilli! I guessed it wouldn't be hot because chillies served outside Indian and Mexican restaurants are usually quite mild but this one, I am pleased to say. had bite!) Oh, and there's a cake shop attached - very classy.
Every afternoon you can take tea just as they would have.
Breakfast was downstairs (in the Agatha Christie Restaurant - natch ) and had a wide selection of food and you could get eggs prepared for you (scrambled, omelette, fried) as you liked. There was home made Yoghurt and a wide selection of honeys, fruit, cheese, cakes, tapenades, olives, hot food - you name it.
I have to say, I found this hotel charming and it evoked the era of grand travelling on the Orient Express. The Staff were very attentive and helpful.
I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: The studio rooms are big
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing such detailed feedback during your stay here at the Pera Palace Hotel. I don't find words enough to express my gratitude for your kind words.

We were delighted to read that you were overall impressed by the facilities of our hotel and the quality of services provided during your stay with us. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with the entire team, as I know that your words will make everyone incredibly proud.

I wish you many healthy days and look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,