All reviews blue mosque roof terrace amazing terrace old city recommend this hotel tourist places very nice hotel sea view breakfast room location is excellent sultanahmet sauna heart ayasofya tram
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Artefes has the perfect location to explorer the old part of Istanbul. All tourist atraction are within walking distance.
Clean room, not too big but big enough for a city trip. The roofterrace gives a great view over the Bosporus and the blue mosque.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

In Istanbul it is very hard to find a goof hotel in a good area.The Artefes hotel is the ond i'm recomending for people who wants to be close to tramvay and public transportation and have a calm asleeps at night.this hotel is located in sultan ahmet area which is far better than taksim or aksaray.It's safe at nights to go out.The staff of hotel were very friendly and ready to solve your problems and to guide you to have a great trip.daniel and fokan and all the staff were great.They are trusty people whom you can even leave 10000 dollars in your room and when you get back you will find it unharmed.the view of the terrace was very nice to have a coffe in the mornings.the cleaning servise was fine.the Breakfast though you don't have much option but it works.The size of the room were fine too.i would definatly go there again no doubt.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mcrash2
Reviewed 12 February 2018

If one day I will go back to Istanbul, I would be happy to book this hotel again. Because of many reasons...
First - location!!!! Super!!! Close to Sultanahmed area, close to small supermarkets and oriental cafe. Sea view....If you need to feel great, just come up on the terraсe and you will enjoy sea view and romantic breathe))))
Second - staff....Any question - you will get an answer. Its nice, because when you first time in the city, some support needed))
Third - breackfast. Was really nice, clean, tasty. With some oriental food
Rooms....we got nice, big enough and clean room. I asked to show me other room and it was as well big and with different sizes.
So really thanks for our stay.

Room Tip: best views
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

I booked this hotel on booking.com for 12 nights. Istanbul is great to travel to during winter because it is Very cheap. I got a great deal. About $660.

About 7 hours into the booking I ask for cancellation. Apparently it's their policy not to have bookings cancelled.I called the property and asked, I barely got anyone speaking English. They still refused to cancel. I said, OK - will try it out and see. What's the worst that could happen. They debuted MY card almost as soon as I made the booking.

The hotels ratings are very good for location. The reviews are not so quite. So I get there and check in. I ask for a tour after being taken to my room.

Deck, and then I ask for the gym. It's in the basement I am told. We go there.
And it's like a scrap place. Dark. No lights but it's also suffocating. Not aerated at all. There was only a treadmill which looked run down. Doubt it would have worked.

My room, dark, cold, no tea or coffee.

Hotel only makes breakfast. No food - had been on a 9hour flight. I couldn't get myself to even use the bathroom. My room had a lot of noise from outside, so I decide to close the windows. Mold and rust met me, and I was petrified.

I immediately checked out. And found another hotel.

This is not a hotel, but an Inn or GuestHouse. The gym is very dilapidated.
Have staff that barely speak English.

Only thing they have going for them is location but even then, nah. HVebeen to smaller intimate places that are clean and we'll kept. This one isn't

Managed there for roughly 2 hours.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Ruth A
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

I stay here for 4 night today im leaving the hotel , it amazing experience with this hotel , nice room , helpful staffs, good breakfast , clean room , and perfect location 8 min walk to sultanahmed❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family