All reviews marmara sea blue mosque room with sea view old city business trip excellent hotel historical area walking distance clean rooms hagia sophia late at night standard room reception staff turkey perfect location sultanahmet sights
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I have visited Istanbul twice and choose this hotel for both visits, an amazing hotel with a strategic location in the old city at the sultanahmet neighborhood. Great sea view and professional stuff working there.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KALYON, Konuk İlişkileri at Kalyon Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
It is a great pleasure to read that your stay was an amazing experience!
We are looking forward to welcome you again in Kalyon Hotel Istanbul.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

While the hotel probably wouldn't make 4 stars in Europe or North America, it was still good. The lobby was clean and spacious. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Our room (junior suite) was a little smaller than the pictures lead us to believe, but that seems to be the norm. It was clean but some areas definitely need redone (bathroom mostly). Our room was facing the ocean, which though nice, gets full sun until early afternoon. It was getting so hot that the AC could not keep up even with the curtains drawn, so choose your room appropriately. The bedding was not very comfortable, especially the pillows (too hard). The location is good, but down the hill from Sultanhamet and about a 15 min walk to Sultanhamet Square (hard with strollers).

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2017

I stayed there for a business trip and booked the Hotel as was recommended by the local business associate. The Hotel is located opp. the sea side and is quite a nice location.

I had requested a room with sea view but was refused stating that all the rooms are occupied which I doubt very much since lot of guest checked in afterwards.

At the back side room, the mosque is visible and your sleep gets disturbed early in the morning by the prayer which is played on the loudspeaker.

Breakfast also was okay type. Room was neat but some more cleanness was definitely needed.

Room tip: select the room in the front side of the Hotel with sea view.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My family and I have been staying at Kalyon for many many years and this visit was our worst and last. The quality and cleanliness of the hotel has gone down massively. The entire hotel is extremely outdated. My room wasn't cleaned once my entire stay, even after I had specifically asked them to clean it three times. The hotel is no longer 4 star quality, you feel as if you are at a 3 star hotel. I feel bad to say this as many of the members of staff are kind and we have been loyal customers to the hotel for so long, however, our last visit was so disappointing we just don't think we can see ourselves returning.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I was there for 4 days on business trip. when i made my booking i requested 4 different things. NONE of them were complied with even i got an approval from the site i made the reservation through.
Staff were not friendly at all even they try to smile all the time.
One day i was able to meet guest in my room,next day they said i can't. They asked me to meet them in the business room which was about 2*3 m only.
Cost of the stay was OK comparing to the location, but later on i found 5 stars hotels for less price & better rooms.

Room tip: Once you book a room, make sure to get an approval for your request then print & take it with you.
Date of stay: August 2017