2,017 results
All reviews taksim square top floor the club lounge safran restaurant room service five star hotel bosphorus view rooftop bar an upgrade turkish lira turkish bath excellent hotel metro station central location enjoyed my stay turkey old city
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

This is my 3rd time at this hotel l can't that I'm going to visit Istanbul without staying at intercontinental.
The superb service & variety of food in breakfast you wouldn't believe it, also hospitality of the staff & the hall were they serve the breakfast unbelievabl clean shiny fresh.
Thank for your kinds.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
YildirimVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear EsSaM S

In the first instance, I would like to use the opportunity, and thank you for choosing InterContinental Istanbul hotel, and the IHG brand for your stay.
Apart from that, it is very important to outline that I am pleased to receive our complimentary feedback towards our hotel, its facilities, staff, and the level of services provided. I will definitely share your review with my colleagues as it is very essential for us in the day-to-day operation. Indeed, we will continue doing in the same strain in order to ensure the highest services quality, and to deliver upon the guests expectations and needs.
Again, thank you for your kind comments and rating on TripAdvisor.com.
I truly hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back at the InterContinental Istanbul hotel.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Located on the European side of Istanbul with breathtaking views over the Bosphorus and the historic skyline. Our suite was great and the Intercontinental Club was such a treat. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooftop terrace with Live music, fantastic spa with hammam. We will definetely return.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear CarlaColumna123

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

I loved how hotel is located on Taksim Square and walk through the park to taksim is so relaxing. I would like to mention the view from Terrace on rooftop bar and Resturant is something amazing to witness. Food , service is impeccable. Rooms need update and new carpets for sure.

But still would come back.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
YildirimVictoria, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Dear Qamar Z

I was disappointed to hear that your expectations haven't been met fully. I have passed your comments to our Management concerned to follow up, ensuring we provide a service in line with our guests’ expectations.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy more of the facilities we have to offer.

Kind regards

Reviewed 31 October 2018

The Intercontinental Istanbul is strategically located close to Taksim square. Nearly half of the rooms have a magnificent view over the Bosphorus. Rooms are ancient with worn out dilapidated fixtures except the TV which is excellent. Bed mattresses are sagging and way too soft. The linen in general is not in good condition and holes can be found in bed sheets and pillow cases.

Breakfast is varied and delicious though pricey if not included in your room rate.

What really makes up for the old the defects of this old hotel is the wonderful team running it. They are the most knowledgeable, helpful and professional I have met in my trip to Istanbul. Moreover, guest facing employees all have good command of the English language which is a rarity in Istanbul hotels.

I would recommend this hotel but if you are looking for modern facilities and design, please be aware that you will not find them in this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear MemorySammler
Thank you for writing a review about your experience at the InterContinental Istanbul. The constructive feedback provided by our guests allows us to enhance the level of service we aim to deliver throughout the hotel and we greatly appreciate your comments.

I was disappointed to hear that our room condition did not meet all your expectations. We as a hotel definitely had no intention of making any guests’ stay disappointing and I have passed your comments to our Management. Please be kindly informed that we have already renovated our public areas and made a soft refurbishment inside the rooms. We have also renewed some parts of the room such as curtains, televisions, beds and planning to update it fully in the near future.

Thank you for the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental Istanbul in the future and be able to restore your faith.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

It was a short vacation yet it was so much enjoyable. This hotel has it all, easy check in-out, delicious breakfast with friendly staff, the best location in old City, super clean, see view deluxe room, the outdoor cafe has one nice seating. Add to this the weather which was the best, this hotel is highly recommended.

Date of stay: October 2018