All reviews rooms are small public transportation free wifi aksaray metro reception sheets
Reviewed 9 July 2016

My stay at Alfa hotel was four nights during late June. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- the building is new or recently rennovated, and facilities are pretty functional,
- it also has a spacious parking lot which is an essential advantage for travellers with private cars,
- the receptionists and staff are welcoming and helpful,
- WiFi is free and coverage is reasonably good, although sometimes stucks,
- location is fairly good, about five minutes walking distance from "Yusuf pasha" tramway station,
- surrounded by a number of grocery shops for basic needs, a laundry is also just in front of building,
- just a minute walk toward the "Sadik usta", a famous donner kebap shop,

Cons:
- a bit noisey due to street traffic. Although double layer windows were installed, but some of them are not fully fixed and sound proof, ask for a backside room if the street noise disturbs you,
- overally, the hotel is clean but not absolutely spotless. Mangement intervention sometimes might be required,
- breakfast is average with basic stuff, although it is healthy and fine,
- a school is just next to the building, noticeable for off-season travellers.

Generally speaking the hotel is recommended as convenient and affordable place.

Room Tip: Rooms toward backyard are more quiet and upper floors are even better.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Fakasa
Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

Alfa hotel is set in a residential area away from the main touristic sites. However,its close proximity to tram & metro put it in a strategic spot. Getting around with an Istanbulkart is really easy due to the transport system in Istanbul being extremely efficient. Don't be put off by the distance or the neighbourhood.
The hotel has lovely decor & a peaceful environment & is a hidden gem. The rooms are spotless & cleaned daily & there is a safe in the wardrobes.
Breakfast is varied,delicious & served by friendly staff.
My daughter & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here & could not fault the staff or hotel in any way. As two women we felt completely safe.
As the saying goes,it is the people not the place that matter..so,a special mention to Ramazan on reception,who was extremely helpful with our questions about the area..& gave us advice & directions with patience. More importantly as my daughter is learning Turkish,he spent time helping her practise! So,thank you for a wonderful time in Istanbul!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank nasim3911
Reviewed 28 January 2016

i was in this hotell for 4 night.. good place.average breakfast&you dont have several selection& close place .near by tram &metro station.
the reception do not understand english well!!.room is very close..clean..bathroom is not useful..the bar drinks is expensive...

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank abbas g
Reviewed 22 January 2016

Alfa hotel is a good place near the historic part of Istanbul. we loved the place, the room was clean, food is not bad, personnel are friendly and helpful, and tram, train station and bus station are all very close (less than 5 min on foot) and you can visit all the town with them.
it also has a very good free wi-fi that you can use.
the only problem was the very small room we had. it wasn't a problem for us as we are mostly out in the city but when we first arrived the hotel, my wife was shocked seeing we don't have enough room to place our luggage. but as the time went by, we really did like the hotel and the position of it.

Room Tip: get a room with view of the city and make sure it's big enough
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sina H
Reviewed 26 September 2015

I stayed in Alfa hotel from 19 Sep.to 23 Sep. with my family . Location of hotel was very good .2min to tram and metro .The breakfast was very poor. Blanket was not clean properly and didn't change during our stay.
There wasn't tissue in room and toothpaste in bathroom .There was tea making set in each room .
Hotel wasn't noisy and WiFi connection is good.
I read previous reviews and booked Alfa hotel but I expected that it is better than what I experienced based on reviews. I think you can choose better hotel .I will not go back there.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family