All reviews blue mosque no elevator hagia sophia gulhane park tram station the location is perfect heart sultanahmet mehmet attractions
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We stayed there end of 2016. The people are really helpful and we never had to make enquiries about the tour operators ourselves as the staff made calls on our behalf to help us out. Mamet and Maria (I hope I spelled their names right) were exceptionally warm and courteous.

We found it a little difficult to find the place initially as no one around knew where the hotel was located and kept giving us wrong directions. Once we reached there, we were shown to a room on the 3rd floor - but the place has no elevator and we had to walk all the way to the top. This was made more difficult by the fact that the hotel has a circular stairway. The room itself is very neat and clean, beautifully color coordinated and the bowl of shampoos and body washes is a treat for the eyes. There was no hair dryer in our room and no kettle either. We had to borrow the kettle from the breakfast area for hot water whenever we wanted it. This meant walking down all those steps to fetch the kettle, walking back with the hot water, and then walking down again to give the kettle back. The breakfast wasn't too fresh, the cakes were a bit dry, and it was on the exorbitant side (we might not have felt that way had the breakfast been fresh, I guess).

Overall, the people trump the lack of a few items in the hotel and we loved our stay nonetheless.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the first floor to avoid having to climb up all those stairs when you are back after a tiring day out.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Minelhotel, Genel Müdür at Minel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Dear SambinaG,

Thank you for your stay with us at Minel Hotel and taking the time to share your detailed feedback. It’s our pleasure to know that you had a comfortable stay at your room. Thank you for mentioning our efficient staff. We delighted to hear that we could show to you our hospitality.

We are glad to inform you that we have already equipped all rooms with hair dryer and also we plan to provide all rooms with kettle, tea and coffee facilities.

As for the breakfast, kindly inform you, here at Minel Hotel we have improved our open buffet breakfast!

You are absolutely right, there is no elevator, but we are always ready to help you with suitcases.

We will be more than happy to welcome your again at our hotel.

Kind Regards,

Minel Hotel

Reviewed 16 April 2017

I stayed in this hotel in Dec 2016.
Firstly, the hotel staff was extremely friendly and hospitable. I arrived late and my first contact was the Mr Fuad (I hope i spelt it right) a very nice person with whom i had a good conversation. The next morning i was greeted by the owner Mr Isa Eldek who is again an amazing person. During the course of my stay i faced absolutely no issues. The stay was relaxing and the hotel felt more like home.
The hotel is very nice and clean located in a quite street. Location cannot be better since it is close to almost every attraction in the area. Topkapi palace, blue mosque, hagia sofia, grand bazar you name it. There is a tram station just around the corner.
So people dont think twice just book this hotel and i promise you will have a stay of your lifetime.

Room Tip: Just ring reception in advance before your arrival
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Omar A
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Great staff. Amazing location. Great price. 5 minute walk from all the main old city attractions. Free breakfast was included in my deal. Nice simple buffet spread every morning. No elevator. Comfortable beds. Clean bathrooms. Hot water.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Safi K
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my wife The hotel location was amazing close to all major site Blue mosque 5 minutes by walking,Hagia sofia and topkapı palace very close to hotel by walking the room was very clean breakfast so delicious family hotel l am sure we will come here again thank you mr.Isa and Mrs Bircan for your hospitality

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2017

Issa is possibly the best person to come across. Our stay was so wonderful and comfortable. It was home away from home. All the staff are amazing and so helpful. By the time we left I pretty much had seen all the sights thanks to Issa's guidance. Thank you so much and we hope to see you soon Inshallah
Mama misses you all