1,935 results
All reviewsblue mosqueturkeythis family run hotelturkish coffeeorder omeletteswithin walking distancegrand bazaarhome away from homeminute walkno elevatorold citysmall hotelhagia sophiamajor attractionsstreet noiseyogurtbreakfast spread
Reviewed 7 June 2018

I arrived in Istanbul after a long train journey from London and not in the right state of mind. I lost my bag and my way and was in a mess when I got to the hotel. What I was really impressed was Selim's prompt efficiency and empathy to someone's situation. I was given a private, spacious room and gradually gathered myself. I enjoyed my stay in Istanbul thanks to Basileus Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank kyot286
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

A superb, reasonably priced hotel with clean, comfortable rooms and a top notch staff in an ideal location for tourists. Salim, Omar and Mohammad are gracious and helpful in every possible way. Basileus is convenient to metro, shopping, hamam, restaurants not to mention the most important historic sites of Sultanhamet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cccdean
Reviewed 30 May 2018

We a family of three, stayed in Hotel Basileus from 30th April to 5th May 2018.We were already in Istanbul two days before.On the day of Check-in I called up the Reception to inquire about the check-in. Brother Selim deputed two gentlemen with me to fetch the baggage's from the Airbnb flat where we were staying, which was around 750 met away.The Check-in was smooth and hassle free.
The Hotel is good, the room was good and the bathroom and linens were clean.But the best part was the service.Turkish hospitality at its best
Brother Selim and brother Omar are simply amazing people, who go out of the way to make you feel comfortable and ready to offer help in every aspect of your tour.I do not have words to describe them.Their proactive positive approach is unique.
The buffet breakfast is good.
The location of hotel is good in the heart of old city. Sultanahmet tram stop/Blue Mosque/Hafiz Mustapha Sweet Shop is 700-800 met away . Variety of options available for Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner.Kujuk Aya Sophia is just across the street and you can Salat there.
One day Excursion to Bursa Tour was organised by brother Selim and even the transportation to the airport was arranged by him at competitive price.
Next time we are in Istanbul, we certainly shall stay once again in Basileus.In Sha Allah.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Tarik S
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the heart of old town! The hotel owners treated us like family! The location was the best part. Lots of bars and restaurants with in a short walk, I wish I could go back and visit again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura D
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

A great 3 night stay. Mohammed was brilliant when I first arrived - he helped with a taxi driver. It’s a 7 minute walk to the Blue Mosque and the tram stop Sultanhamet. Great advice given on Istanbul - “have a look at the Grand Bazaar but it is expensive for tourists ... try the Spice market and the shops around Eminonou”. Nice room and good breakfast. I’d certainly recommend a stay here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo