“Good hospitality”
Review of Tunel Residence

Tunel Residence
Ranked #77 of 1,259 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 March 2016

It was very good as a whole. When I arrived at the hotel, I was cheated by the taxi driver. Though it was already after the driver had gone, the front desk clerks helped me a lot and gave some advice. They also helped me by answering my questions quickly or giving me some recommendations. But it's pretty difficult to see the location of the hotel on the HP. It's just next to Sishane Station. Big Chef restaurant is great. But my single room 407 was pretty small. It was pretty hard to find space to open my suitcase on the floor. Also, there was

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 March 2016

Suite room, very comfortable.
Minor problem : Noisy heating (water noise and gurgling). Pls fix it, I have been staying at Tünel Residence regularly since 2011.
Pls offer a more generous breakfast (need more food like at other hôtels).

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2016

I lived in one of the Tunel appts for over 1 year. thoroughly enjoyed my time there, he staff especially cheerful and helpful. The gym is small and often a little warm but the adequate and the Spa is good.
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 6th & 7th floor best views
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank John60Uk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Great location, great staff and a nice restaurant. Free vale parking, close to the historic tunnel and metro stop. Rooms are clean and comfortable. It could be little bigger for 2 person but it was fine for me. I will stay there next year as well. I definetely recommend everyone to stay wheter it is Business or pleasure.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I can't comment on value, since my stay in Istanbul was paid by the conference I attended. However, I highly recommend Tunel Residence as a very convenient stay.
My room, one of the smaller ones, was actually pretty large and very comfortable. Very clean, somewhat updated, with a mini fridge and a coffee maker. The washroom was great, with a large shower and convenient sink with lots of space for personal items.

The room really had everything I needed. If you plan to spend some time in your room, it could feel a bit depressing. But if you're spending your days outside, the room is perfect for a good night sleep. Also has a large window that opened, and good climate control.

Service was perfect. Very nice people at the 24hr desk, who helped with anything I needed, including detailed directions on using public transport to the airport (I couldn't use their shuttle for my own logistical reasons). They were really great.

The hotel restaurant was surprisingly good, and not as expensive as you'd expect. I kept to their traditional dishes and was not let down. (I'm guessing their burger and fries would be less exciting).

Location - amazing. Very central, right next to Istiklal street, and very easy to get to from either of the two airports. Right next to a subway station (and Istanbul's subway system is very good).

Room Tip: Higher floors have some good (urban) views
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Istanbul hotels
X Flats Istanbul
#72 of 1,259 in Istanbul
Louis Appartements Galata
Louis Appartements Galata
#14 of 1,259 in Istanbul

Been to Tunel Residence? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tunel Residence

Address: Evliya Celebi Mah. Mesrutiyet Cad. No:96 Sishane, Beyoglu, Istanbul 1546362, Turkey
Region: Turkey > Istanbul > Beyoglu , New City / Taksim
Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #77 of 1,259 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Price Range: €45 - €81 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Tunel Residence 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Tunel Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tunel Residence Hotel Istanbul