“Tunel”
Review of Tunel Residence

Tunel Residence
Ranked #76 of 1,259 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 13 March 2016

I lived in one of the Tunel appts for over 1 year. thoroughly enjoyed my time there, he staff especially cheerful and helpful. The gym is small and often a little warm but the adequate and the Spa is good.
I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: 6th & 7th floor best views
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank John60Uk

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 February 2016 via mobile

Great location, great staff and a nice restaurant. Free vale parking, close to the historic tunnel and metro stop. Rooms are clean and comfortable. It could be little bigger for 2 person but it was fine for me. I will stay there next year as well. I definetely recommend everyone to stay wheter it is Business or pleasure.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 January 2016

I can't comment on value, since my stay in Istanbul was paid by the conference I attended. However, I highly recommend Tunel Residence as a very convenient stay.
My room, one of the smaller ones, was actually pretty large and very comfortable. Very clean, somewhat updated, with a mini fridge and a coffee maker. The washroom was great, with a large shower and convenient sink with lots of space for personal items.

The room really had everything I needed. If you plan to spend some time in your room, it could feel a bit depressing. But if you're spending your days outside, the room is perfect for a good night sleep. Also has a large window that opened, and good climate control.

Service was perfect. Very nice people at the 24hr desk, who helped with anything I needed, including detailed directions on using public transport to the airport (I couldn't use their shuttle for my own logistical reasons). They were really great.

The hotel restaurant was surprisingly good, and not as expensive as you'd expect. I kept to their traditional dishes and was not let down. (I'm guessing their burger and fries would be less exciting).

Location - amazing. Very central, right next to Istiklal street, and very easy to get to from either of the two airports. Right next to a subway station (and Istanbul's subway system is very good).

Room Tip: Higher floors have some good (urban) views
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 January 2016

I stayed at the Tunel Residence for 8 nights in December 2015. The location of the hotel is great. It is near a main shopping area with lots of restaurants and stores. The metro is literally right across the street. The Galata Tower can be seen from some of the rooms and there are grocery stores/shops close by for food and snacks.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. There was a fridge and a good selection of TV channels to watch. The only problem was that the room was very hot and the air felt stale. The person at the front desk turned off the heat, which helped a lot!

There was a free breakfast included in our package at the Big Chef restaurant downstairs. There were about 8 choices for breakfast and the food was very good. Some staff members there didn't seem to speak English, but others did. Seemed to depend on the morning.

There was a lot of amenities in the hotel that I didn't try out including a spa, gym, pool etc. All of it looked very nice.

Overall, I had an excellent stay in the Tunel Residence. The staff was very helpful, the location was great and the hotel felt like good value for my money. I would come back again gladly and would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor with a view of the Galata Tower
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2015 via mobile

This was my 5th stay at Tunel Residence, and it hasnt changed since my first vísit.

The cosy relaxing suits, the great location: tube is right next door, the famous Istiklal st is a few steps from hotel. The hotel area is quiet but at the same time you are in the middle of everything. The famous Galata tower is just opposite the hotel Windows, looks great when lightened at night.

Staff is very polite, attentive, and helpful.

Hotel restaurant is great, a whole range of variety with excellent taste, though a bit expensive when you order in room.

I would definitely recommend Tunel Residence for any one looking for relaxation and pleasure in Istanbul.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends