“Great hotel, perfectly located”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #197 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Romania
“Great hotel, perfectly located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Istanbul, where I was accomodated at Acra Hotel. I picked the hotel for the entire group I was travelling with after reading these reviews and everyone was satisfied with my choise.
The hotel is perfectly located on a quiet street in Sulthanamet, close to Hagia Sofia and Blue Mosque (around 5 minutes on a lazy walk).

First of all, I have to say the staff is great - very friendly and helpful. As we arrived early in the morning, they arranged a few rooms for us before check-in time, in order to leave our luggages. In the mean time, we were served with tea or coffee. Then, they arranged for us a cruise trip over the Bosphorus at a resonable price. When we came back, there was a cake buffet in the lobby - and I must say the buffet is served daily, in the afternoon, with tea and sweets.

Rooms were spacious, nice furbished - with a touch of oriental style, very clean (as seen in the official hotel's pictures). They were provided with flat TV screen, tea corner, minibar, safe box and all the necessary in the bathroom. The ones in upper floor had nice view over the sea or Sulthanamet.

Breakfast was good, with sweets, turkish food, different kinds of cheese and even two tipes of comb with honey.

We really enjoyed our stay and they were even kind enough to let us check-out later, as our flight was in the afternoon and there were rooms available.

I have to say this hotel was the best choise I could have made, due to its location, accomodation conditions, services and friendly stuff. I would really go back again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have a nice view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Roazzura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Roma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

Before I make my reservation to this hotel I read the comments here, and decided to do it. I had some doubts about noise, but hopefully there was nothing noisy disturbing. The hotel is really close to historical center and also thanks to there are variety of transportation you can go wherever you want in istanbul. Rooms were clean and hotel was as in photos, nothing incomplete that is really satisfying. Wifi works very well.On the other hand h otel staf was very sensitive to the demands of guests and always friendly. Breakfasts were delicious, there were variety of foods and also everything was fresh. I thank you again all of the hotel staf for this good vacation, I strictly advice you to choose this hotel, you won't be unpleased.

• Stayed February 2012
Washington DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I was disappointed by this hotel especially because I picked it because it was a Trip Advisor award winner. The hotel did offer great service (although not over the top amazing service--I've had better elsewhere) and the room was nice and clean with a comfortable bed but it was soooo noisy I wanted to scream. The walls were paper thin and I could hear the couple next to me talking into the wee hours of the morning and could even hear them sneeze and use the toilet. When they finally went to sleep I was awakened by noise from the street (I was on the first floor).

The hotel is conveniently located--about a 5 minute walk to the Blue Mosque and a 10 or so minute walk to the Grand Bazaar (both are easy to navigate from the hotel--not too many twists and turns!). There is also a lovely street full of restaurants less than 5 minutes from the hotel--its super cute at night when all the lanterns are lit up. I was unable to get a view of the water, but I imagine if you had a room higher up you'd have a lovely view of the sea.

The included breakfast offered a nice variety of traditional breakfast foods and interesting Turkish cuisine and it was very tasty. The free high speed internet was extremely helpful. The closest ATM is near St. Sophia's so you might want to take out money at the airport. Also, this hotel had no clock so you might want to bring a travel clock with you.

The front desk was very helpful in offering me directions and helping me set up two tours. Overall I just expected more from a Trip Advisor award winner and I was kind of exhausted by the time the trip was over.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up to avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank isaleistar
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

I can honestly recommend this hotel due to many reasons: the hotel itself is built on top of ORIGINAL BYZANTINE MONUMENTS (you can find them in the breakfast area), which gives it a very special touch and the location is just perfect!! 5-minutes walking distance from the famous Sultan Ahmet Masjid and another 10 walking minutes to the KAPALI CARSI (GRAND BAZAAR) and the Metro. It is indeed a very central and lively, yet quiet spot in Istanbul.
On to the hotel: It is in the style of a cozy Turkish-style "mansion" and is located midst of an homely district, which gives you a feeling to literally live in Istanbul even though it's only for the time being. The ENTIRE STAFF of the hotel is very professional, extremely friendly and they will go out their way to fulfill one's demands, whether it is in arranging a city tour, giving you precisely intro about the city itself and to call a pizza service for you! At any time of the day you will be (at least) offered a glass of turkish tea or coffee and that free-of-charge! The rooms are tastefully furnished and quiet spacious and as well as the bathroom. Housekeeping is doing an excellent job by keeping the rooms in a great and tidy shape. THE MATTRESSES ARE VERY COMFORTABLE! I have never in my life slept so well on mattress, leave alone in a hotel!
Breakfast has a large variety of food; from local (turkish) delicacies to international dishes. Last, but not least, the hotel even has its own cat (I called it Garfield, because it has a brownish / orange fur and is very cute). PLEASE CONTACT MS. OZLEM, who is the hotel manager and she will support you as much as she can. She answers emails almost immediately (same day response is a guarantee) and she is taking care of individual preferences. There is only 1 thing that I want to mention here to look out for: if you are a sensitive person, please let the hotel know to give you a "quiet" room. I had a corner room and was extremely happy with it, although I am very noise sensitive and we even had a view of the sea :) I will be a repeating guest for sure!!! Greetings from Dubai.

Room Tip: corner room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Perfect place to be. All main historical sites are at few minutes walk. Service is very good, our room Was clean and big. No noise from outside. A special thanks to Mesut, Mesut jr, Mehmet and Firat, Who are everytime kindly and gave us perfect advises for our journey.
Breakfast Was very good with a lot of salad and honey choice.

• Stayed February 2012