“worst management”
Review of 4Floors Istanbul

4Floors Istanbul
Ranked #166 of 1,257 Speciality Lodging in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

I made a reservation for penthouse for one night at the weekend since i am local and it is my favorite area in Istanbul ,i wanted to spend the day in the area and stay in the property.
I contacted to Murat(the person who pretends to be the manager of the place without any kind of manegerial or social skills).I contacted him directly from the phone number from their site.He offered me the available apartments ,strongly suggested to rent the penthouse apartment and told me how nice their place is and how satisfied i will be about the place etcc.
.i asked him if i can check in the apartment about 12 instead of 2 pm,he said there is no problem since the place is available also the day before but somebody else could rent it, so he did not give any guarantee.
I asked him to send me the resarvation confirmation and account info for money transfer.(he sent all those one day after i got verbal confirmation, i was bit suspicious and thought he had other potential customers and thats why did not give written confirmation)
then i tranferred the money etc,he sent me a message that i would be their guest on saturday.
Anyway two days before my stay i was in the area with my girlfriend and i wanted to see the apartment just out of curiosity.
I went by the apartments, another guy greeted us and told us Murat is around and will come soon,then Murat came and i introduced myself to Murat and told him i like to see the apartment if it is possible.He told me the apartment is not available ,the just got guests from Iraq so he can not show the apartment.i said no problem (there was an apartment at the entrance with open door ,he was cleaning the apartment i asked if i can see the apartment just to see the concept of place ,he said (with an arrogant and rude attitude) he just mopped the floor, so we can not see the place.Anyway we left the place saying see you on saturday.Half an hour later i got a call from Murat telling me he refunded my money and questioning about my purpose to stay in the place(if i was going to do a photoshoot etc etc)
i said i had no such a purpose and this is not the first property i stayed in the area ,plus it is not profesional to send me the money back and make assumptions just because i went to see the place(he told me i can not go to see the place without making former arrangements)
when i said it is not profesional what he does he said he is a well known person in the area and his sister is a famous architect in the area etc(well as long as you have no social manner and no profesional capacity to run a place then does not matter who you are or who your sister is)
1-i strongly suggest any future guest to think twice before renting apartment from this place
2-it is totally normal for a person to want to see the place they will stay in hospitality industry.
3-it is true it may not be proper to go to see without former arrangement but you do not cancel a reservation just customer came to see the place and make assumptions about customer.
4-if you cancel a reservation for such a silly reason it means you are imcompatible to be in hospitality or anything requires social interaction or you found better customer with better price for the place.
Both are good reasons not to trust such an entity
Luckily i am a local and it was just a pleasure stay so it did not mess up my plans but if you are a tourist visiting be careful about this place
They can change your travel arrangements just the way convenient to themselves.
you can see similar things in other reviews about murat personality and how he runs the place.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank gazza g
muratto, Manager at 4Floors Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

We are sorry to make you angry . We would love to guest you as normal guest . Not for shootings .

Kind Regards
Muratto

Reviewed 1 January 2016

I very much enjoyed staying at 4Floors. The room was spacious, well-designed, and comfortable, and located in a convenient area in Istanbul. Also, the owner, Murat, is a very kind and accommodating host. I highly recommend 4Floors for a unique and pleasant experience in Istanbul and will be visiting again soon!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank jessicacpwright
muratto, Manager at 4Floors Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2016

thank you so much . anytime .

best regards
murat

Reviewed 22 December 2015

4 Flors is a great place to stay.
It is very central and the apparment itself it very nice.

We stayed at the second level appartment which was very nice. The only thing you need to know upfront is that the bathroom is in th bedroom. It is out of glass and without a door! ;)

I will come back and then I will go for the penthouse!

Room Tip: All appartments are great but I would love to go for the penthouse.
Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 August 2015

We would have loved to give a positive review of 5 Floors, for the great central location and the tasteful furnishing of the apartments.

Unfortunately, the conduct of manager Murat spoiled our stay.

Lower your expectations way down before making a booking at 5 Floors.

1. Expect to wait around in the street upon arrival.
On a Friday afternoon, we found the building locked and the office deserted. The manager, Murat, did not answer his phone. It took several attempted calls from neighbors and passerbys before Murat was on the phone. We had to wait with our suitcases out in a hot, steep cul-de-sac before he showed up. He explained that the battery of his scooter had broken down.

2. Learn to love the smell of mold.
The smell of mold inside the apartment was pervasive. Opening the windows was not an option since we were on street level, in full view of people walking by. When asking about the availability of a higher floor room, Murat tried an upsale to the penthouse which was out of our budget, even at the slight discount that was part of his sales pitch. He seemed annoyed that we didn’t accept.

3. Get ready to be treated with arrogance by the manager.
The manager provides you with a handwritten list of his various recommendations around Istanbul. That is nice. But don’t dare to ask any further questions. When I attempted to clarify the exact address of a restaurant (the scribbled over photocopy of a map is helpful but a tad confusing), manager Murat gave me an annoyed and arrogant look, pointed at his map and snarled at me to go put my glasses on. Wow.

4. While the manager is away, be on doorman duty.
As manager Murat was not at the office, on Saturday morning, people were repeatedly coming to the windows of our apartment (adjacent to the locked front door), persistently knocking, trying to peak in and demanding to be let into the building. Since we don’t speak Turkish and didn’t feel comfortable letting random people into the building, we contacted Murat (as he said he was aways reachable on his cell phone when not at the office) but never got a reply from him.

5. Don’t expect a receipt.
We opted paying in cash to take advantage of the 10 percent discount they offer. Murat made fun of me when I went to the office to pay on the day of arrival, commenting that I must be afraid about my money. When we asked for a receipt, he got downright unfriendly as if we had asked for something outrageous. I happen to be a travel writer and need receipts for my expense report. Needless to say that Murat never cared to produce it.

6. Let the manager teach you a dumb lesson.
We had planned on booking a private car transfer to the airport— which was on time, friendly and excellent service when we arrived in Istanbul. We made the mistake to run our plan by Murat who strongly discouraged us to go with the car service. Murat offered to organize a slightly cheaper taxi for us. 10 minutes before our expected pick-up, we checked in with Murat who told us the taxi would be there in 3-4 minutes. A few minutes later, he knocked on our door to tell us no taxi was available. We asked about the lengths of the wait. He said, he didn’t know - whenever they would send one. With a flight to catch, that didn’t seem like a good option. Murat told us that we would have to go and make our way to the airport on our own then. Meaning: pulling our luggage up the steep, cobblestoned hills. When we left and told him that this was „not cool” he snarled back that we were not cool, that we had to understand that „this is Istanbul. It’s not like Milan or other cities.” I happen to know that in Istanbul, a city with plenty of taxis, you can schedule a taxi pick-up just like in other cities. We left with a bitter feeling that Murat had decided to grant us foreigners, his guests, with a dumb lesson about the rules of his city — or his rules? Btw, we found a taxi in the street in no time — after the trek up the hill with our luggage that we had planned on avoiding.

The rooms are furnished with Nespresso coffee makers. Nice feature, but if you plan on using them, bring you own capsules. Murat charged us 2 Euros per capsule used — more then a cup brewed at a cafe.

We loved our visit in Istanbul, had many beautiful experiences and met many wonderful people there. Unfortunately, we didn’t feel a warm welcome at 5 Floors.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna T
muratto, Manager at 4Floors Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Hello ,

I do not know who's this guest is but its completely provacation . We work almost 24 hours with two housekeepers always available for guests happiness . No one gave any feedback like this while they are staying..

Hope other guests will not be effected by this message .

Best Regards
Murat

Reviewed 1 August 2015 via mobile

Such a great place to stay. Perfect location for sight seeing and going out at night. Great architecture and a very friendly, helpful host. He gave us a hand written map with things to see and places to eat. Loved the architectural details on the apartment. Thank you! Will be back soon!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frankbusse

thank you and looking forward to welcoming you , again .

Best Regards