1,088 results
All reviews rooftop terrace topkapi palace blue mosque turkey no elevator old city every morning breakfast is served marmara sea small hotel yogurt top floor excellent location minute walk breakfast room major attractions restaurants and bars
Reviewed 19 March 2017

I spent five nights at the Osmanhan Hotel in January 2017. The hotel is a bit of a story in itself. It is very small with only 7 rooms and a penthouse dining area including a sensational rooftop terrace. If you are a Novotel/Sofitel 5 star type person this place would not be for you. However if you like your hotels to be a bit quirky and different and have a bit charm rather than corporate rigidity this is the place to be. The staff were incredibly helpful. Omar and Ghengis were like my personal tour guides helping me to plan out all my days of sightseeing with plenty of knowledge and enthusiasm. Having said that I was the only guest in the whole hotel the first few days so they had plenty of time to spend on me
. The lovely Fatima, whose English was only marginally better than my Turkish, prepared the delicious breakfasts on offer. Not once in my life have I eaten olives, fetta, cucumbers, tomatoes, capsicum potato salad, couscous and spinach Gozelme (toasted Turkish bread) etc for breakfast. Well I have to say I've enjoyed these breakfasts very much. The home made yoghurt and Fatima's home made cakes (everyday there is a fresh carrot cake or apple and cinnamon cake) are a great bonus.

I really enjoyed my time at the Osmanhan and would strongly recommend it to any traveller who likes to avoid massive corporate concrete box type hotels.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We couldn't have been more pleased with this cozy little hotel right in the heart of the Old City. All the major sites are within an easy walk and the owner (Hamit) and manager (Celal) were incredibly hospitable and helpful. Breakfast was tasty and the view from the roof top terrace is fantastic. Our room was a bit small but it was very nice, clean, comfortable. This is where we'll stay if we're fortunate to come back to this magnificent city.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob Y
Reviewed 17 March 2017

1st class hospitality ! We spent a month in Europe and the Osmanhan Hotel was one of the most impressive stays we had. They take very good care of you, the staff will accommodate whatever you need. Very warm and friendly. Fabulous breakfast every morning on the top floor looking out over the sea.

Room Tip: Right in the historical part of the city
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jwilley2017
Reviewed 12 March 2017

We could not have been happier about our stay in this tiny hotel, located about 300m from the Blue Mosque and within easy walking distance of several other major sights in Istanbul. The staff were all delightful - nothing was too much trouble for them. Our room was small but extremely comfortable, with everything supplied that one could possibly need, absolutely spotless and with the best shower I've experienced in a long time! The breakfasts were served in a beautifully appointed room at the top of the hotel ( in summer there is an open air terrace too - but we were there in March, so we didn't quite manage to sit out!). There was an excellent array of sweet and savoury options on offer, all delicious. I cannot recommend the Osmanhan highly enough - we loved it.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

I have to say I have been to so many big huge hotels and they have limitless stars so to say but I did not feel the same way at all as I have stayed in Osmanhan. I feel home when I stay in this hotel also enjoy being near all historical places . The most beautiful part of my journey while I was there was commencing with a nice breakfast accompanied with the view of Bosphorus... Go there you won't be disappointed at all...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business