“Rude reception staff”
Review of Executive Lounge

Executive Lounge
Ranked #526 of 656 Restaurants in Colombo
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I have never encountered such rude customer service. We were going in on our Citibank card and are normally allowed 1 additional guest. This was ok, but the lady who was on the front desk, not sure if she was the manager( I hope not!) was extremely unfriendly. Gruff in her approach and slapping our cards on the desk. I think the other staff members were embarrassed.
I am giving it 2 stars because I could get a decent drink, being able to serve myself. Nothing positive about this lounge at all.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

As far as airport lounges go, this one is pretty average. But if given a choice between sitting there and sitting in the airport terminal, it's a no brainer. Staff did appear a little disinterested, I was told when I booked in that somebody would tell me when my flight was boarding, they didn't, I noticed that it was boarding by looking at the board. It was a good job that I didn't fall asleep.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The seats are almost OK, the staff seemed miserable and not suited to the hospitality industry.

The worst food and beverages I have ever seen in an airport lounge.

The food at 12:30am was horrid and on asking I was told it was put out at 8pm.

I waited until 1am and none of the dinner food was replaced by anything meaningful and the photo shows the stone cold offering

A decent coffee and a biscuit would have helped. I was offered a jar of Nescafé and some whitener!

I ended up going to the Coffee Shop and spending on a latte at another location

The staff are not very friendly and not interested in my feedback

I was on a DragonPass and they need to do something about CMB Executive Lounge-/ other great lounges exist at CMB

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Terrible food along with bad couches. Plug points are not near the sofa's and food selection is totally unreasonable. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was travelling with my 9 year old son and visited the lounge around 8pm.

This was my second visit. My last visit to this lounge was Jan 2016 and it was useless then. I would have preferred to have avoided it but DragonPass only had this lounge on their scheme.

Thankfully there have been improvements since. The horrible black strip club chairs have been thankfully replaced with decent ones. But non-reclining or high back to rest.

There is now hot food which is most welcome and included white rice, chicken biriyani rice, lamb curry, dahl (lentil) curry some boiled veg. If you don't fancy curry, then not worth it. There were some veg and tuna sandwiches in the fridge which were not appetising.

Only non-alcoholic beverages. There is tea, sodas and I think coffee.

It was not busy when we were there. May be no one wanted to come.

Toilets are clean and decent. But only one person can use it at a time. So if it is busy it would be a pain. No shower option. There are two or so computers. WiFi is provided.

No entertainment for kids.

If I had to pay £15 I would have avoided and gone to one of the other lounges. As it was part of DragonLonge, was free for me and I didn't have much time to play with, we decided to go there. If it was any other with time to spare, I would have paid and gone to another lounge.

Come on DragonLonge, please get another lounge.

1  Thank Day P