“Best way to end a long night”
Review of Brasserie

Brasserie
Ranked #266 of 649 Restaurants in Colombo
Description: Celebrating France's culinary heritage, this elegant yet rustic Brasserie is full of charm. Serving the finest wines as you tuck into cheeses, cured meats and gutsy mains spanning from coq au vin, terrines and tartares along with the chef's signature dishes.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Brasserie was the perfect way to end the long day I was having. It was a bit strange walking into an restaurant which only had one person working, but sahan managed to make it a night to remember with his excellent drinks and conversations.

The only complain I have is about the bar directly below. I have sent a personal email to the GM regarding the matter.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great ambiance and loved the food! The service was very pleasant as well.
Overall I Loved the experience and would be happy to recommend the place to others!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The 5 of us visited Brasserie for dinner. I was a little surprised when we walked in, as it was totally empty and I wondered weather we made the right choice. In fact my doubts were justified. The service was pretty bad and the servers were poorly trained. They even could not fulfill an order properly.

Three of us ordered starters and mains two of us ordered only mains. When the server brought the food he brought the three starters and the two mains together which is totally unacceptable. At my request, the mains were taken back and brought together with the mains of the others. But we had to wait for a very very long time for the mains to be recoooked. Food was not of the quality served in other French restaurants in Colombo. The price was marginally lower as compared to other French restaurants in Colombo but did not justify the poor quality differential in food.

At the end of the meal I felt that we went to a Dungeon and consumed not very good quality food without any restaurant atmosphere.

I will never visit this place again.

No wonder this place is totally empty

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Went here for a fixed menu in celebration of "Good France" day, which is a global celebration of french gastronomy. The menu consisted of six brilliantly balanced courses, each of which was its own celebration. I don't know what the regular menu is like, but if it is anything like the one we had then you will be very happy here. This was easily the best meal that we've had all year in Colombo. Perfect service as well. Not inexpensive, but also nothing outrageous and actually an excellent value when considering the quality of food and service.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We had a charming visit. The service was impeccable. Beyond our expectations. The food was delicious and creative. Adored dining here