All reviews the main square great location stayed here parliament building central location buffet breakfast wifi ub english amenities
Reviewed 22 July 2018

Well located, just off the main square. Everything was fine, except the bed was so hard.
Excellent views from rooms (we were L14), and breakfast was on L17.
Staff were quite good, but not overly helpful.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

I never leave reviews, but I was so disappointed by my stay at the hotel, which wasn't cheap. Staff were unexpectedly rude: they were surly as if you were disturbing them and spoke harshly when asked basic questions, refused to change money (even though they have the capability), they tried to over-charge me for my stay and to short-change me when giving me the change from my USD bill in local currency (luckily I had the Booking.com receipt and the day's exchange rate handy). They agreed to book me an early morning airport taxi and to give me a wake-up call at 4am - they never did so and I had to call down at 4.15am to remind them. No apology. They seemed to have no desire to do their job, which I found surprising as a frequent traveller. Rooms were smaller than expected and uncomfortably warm; I had to sleep with the window open as the portable AC provided was very noisy and confusing to operate. Overpriced for what it was. Positives: Breakfast was good and varied; great location and the room had a nice view from the 15th floor. One male staff member in the main hotel was always friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Sits somewhere between average and good for me. Great location for touring and bang next to Parliament building, not ideal for eating out however and taxi's are near non-existent + the traffic is shocking. The staff were mostly very good and friendly (with pretty good English which is not that common). Rooms (I stayed in 2 different standard rooms) are good for the the money.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while I was working in UB. It’s a great hotel that is centrally located. The staff are friendly and attentive. It’s close to some great restaurants. The bathroom could do with a shower curtain and the room could have a slightly bigger cupboard, but other than that, the rooms are comfortable. There is also a small coffee shop in reception, which is useful. The hotel has SIM cards, which saves you queuing at the airport. Worth staying in.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I stayed several times in the Puma's old wing a few years back. It was not perfect but it had personality, a good breakfast, friendly staff. Now they've opened a new wing taking several floors of a new high rise building next door, and it is much worse than the previous one. My Wifi was very poor; impossible to use Skype or Wechat in the room. They didn't set out any washcloths or small towels, only bath towels. When I called for wash cloths they said "the hotel is full and we don't have enough." They put one tiny bottle of drinking water in the room, and even that was missing the first day. My room had no TV remote control. They sent one and then the TV did not work. They sent someone who spend 10 minutes working on it and finally it worked, but the maximum volume was set very low. Breakfast was okay, but the old Puma had someone to grill eggs on order, the new one just puts some plastic looking fried eggs in a poorly heated food warmer. The hangers in my closet were all for shirts/jackets, no way to hang pants. I called and asked for other hangers and they said "we have no hangers for pants in our hotel." Location is very good, but they simply are making no effort to run this hotel even moderately well. Very, very disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business