Danista Nomads(Ulaanbaatar)(Great Value!)
Zaya 2 Hostel(Ulaanbaatar)
Alpha Hostel(Ulaanbaatar)
Ace hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstrange locationheated bathroom floorshotel roomstayed hereairportspacitywinteramenitiesubenglishdriver
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The king rooms are large and well appointed, and the service is really great. I made changes to my booking by phone and email and everyone I worked with helped me out and spoke excellent English. We enjoyed the breakfast, and also chose to have a drink while enjoying the view from the bar upstairs, and then had Chinese food in the restaurant from their extensive menu.
We enjoyed all of he entrees of sweet sour chicken, cold noodles, broccoli and beef and rice and had leftovers for the next day's lunch.
This hotel is in a convenient location, you can walk downtown or nearby to shop. They also provide a free taxi to or from the airport which is a convenient and money saving convenience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 96044UB
Reviewed 18 March 2016

I stayed in this hotel for one week on business and overall the hotel is OK but with a number of small and irritating problems. Firstly the location is a little bit out of the city so is not ideal for the tourist but I guess this is much more of a business hotel. The hotel itself is quite new and on the whole my room was modern, comfortable and clean.

The main niggling points were that the although new some of the fitting in the hotel seemed to be poor and it is already showing signs of age, the bathroom is freezing cold and the plug in the bath did not work just small points which are more annoying than major.

In terms of customer services most staff were friendly and helpful. The restaurant is OK but not brilliant, one night I ordered Salmon and it was still cold and raw in the middle. There is a bar on the top floor which if you read the hype would be the best bar in the city, sadly the view is not great and there was no beer on draught. Actually the Pineapple bar downstairs is much better.

This hotel is fine for a short business trip but I think the niggles would annoy a lot more after a week.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 December 2015

The hotel is modern and clean. Rooms are very spacious, and with a super king size bed. My room has a good view of the surrounding mountains on one side and a urban construction site on the other. Somehow I felt cold draught taking the shower in the huge bright bathroom. There was no bathroom mat to dry my feet after the shower, which took some getting used to.

Breakfast is decent, and so is the wifi.

The hotel is about 2 km away from the city where I had most of my business meetings. Traffic was quite bad both ways. If I come again to Ulaanbaatar again for business, I will try to get another hotel closer to the city centre, though I was told that I would probably end up with a older hotel with smaller rooms for the same price.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ChoonShian
Reviewed 27 October 2015

Was checked in on a business trip and was delighted by the spacious size of the rooms, the simplistic yet classy interiors. The hotel staff were warm and hospitable and in spite of some language barriers met most of my requests. The morning room service breakfast was cold though, but the food at the restaurant was excellent!

The staff at the reception were extremely helpful and courteous...and the view from my room was exquisite...looking out to the glittering city line across the Mahatma Gandhi Road.

The AC in the room was problematic as it was on auto heating mode and with low temperatures outside, it made the room so warm that I was sweating. Actually slept with the windows open, to let in the -4 degrees in!

All in all it was a memorable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the city side view!
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank abhimanyudg77
Reviewed 20 September 2015

the hotel is only 2 years old but does seem older with some strange quirks, ie. the bathroom light works on a remote, that took us awhile to find out!. Service is patchy those that are good are very good and friendly or not. Loved the food, very good Traditional and Chinese, Gym Ok pool OK,

Room Tip: all rooms have aview
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business