US$145
Alpha Hostel(Ulaanbaatar)
US$87
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Blue Marmot Hostel(Ulaanbaatar)(Great Value!)
US$24
AZ(Ulaanbaatar)
US$47
Bishrelt Hotel(Ulaanbaatar)
US$70
All reviewstrain stationstay at this hotel againgobidesk managerspeak excellentspoke perfect englishearly checkhotel staffmoney exchangegreat showerdecent locationliving roomnext morningcentre of townhot showerbwtaxi
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Gobi’s Kelso is located about 10 minutes Walk from the Train station. We got a room good for three persons and the room is huge! The bedroom is separated from the living room. Aside from that, the breakfast is also huge and is not the same every day. Plus, internet speed is really fast. From the four countries I’ve been to recently (China, Mongolia, Russia and Vietnam), this was by far the fastest! And the best thing about this hotel is their customer service! Their receptionists (I forgot their names) and most especially their manager who drove us to get the pictures from the studio and to the train station in one go. We really had a blast staying in this hotel and and in Mongolia in general.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sierra K
Reviewed 22 April 2018

I think this was one of the warmest welcomes I have ever received in a hotel. Both the man on the front desk, who was great to chat with, and the lady heading up the restaurant spoke perfect English. It is about 10 minutes walk from the train station and maybe 30 minutes walk into the centre of UB, although there are plenty of buses into town if you don’t fancy the walk. Apart from the fact that the water never ran hot however long I let it run for, and that the sink was in a very tight space due to the large shower cubicle, everything was perfect. Clean, quiet, comfortable and warm room. I was there off season and was actually the only guest staying there. Really appreciated the free upgrade to a suite. There is a restaurant and a bar. I chose to eat in the bar (it has a more cozy atmosphere and the same menu). The food was OK but probably would not eat there again, but the beer was very nice. Breakfast was great and very filling.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank PeteD_London
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I stayed in this hotel 2 nights and found it to be very pleasant. The breakfast was great, the hotel had fast internet and a business area for guest use. I stayed in another hotel on my way out of the city and was sorry I didn't stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms are fine and showers hot. Sheets were nice. Great breakfast with both Mongolian and western food. Convenient location. ATM in lobby. I'd certainly stay here again if/when I return to Mongolia.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed there one night last week and really couldn't complain too much about anything. I'd highly recommend taking a taxi there and the going rate is 24,000 or $10USD. If you're paying in US dollars, they only accept new bills.

The hotel itself is very clean and the staff very friendly and spoke great English. We even had a breakfast to go since we left before it started. The room was spacious and clean and the bathroom very nice.

The bed mattress is extremely hard and pillows very thin. The shower pressure is good, but it takes at least 5 minutes for the hot water to come through.

Definitely a good option while in Ulaanbaataar, but not for more then a night or two.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo