Beautiful location on riverside in forested rural area of Laos, in genuine ecolodge. Cabins basic but comfortable, reasonable price. The floating restaurant was perfect spot to relax and watch the river go by. Good breakfast included; evening meals delicious with huge varied menu. Staff friendly and helpful, and cats entertaining. Barnaby was an excellent host who took us on trips to a Hmong village, and to the village on opposite bank, where there was a lively local festival when we stayed there. Thank you Barnaby for a memorable stay, a highlight of our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a riverside ecolodge resort only 30 km outside of Vientiane which offers a true taste of rural Lao life but with most of the comforts of home. We have a floating restaurant on the river and offer a range of activities such as local village tours, tubing, cooking classes, massage, a sauna nearby, boat trips, fishing, free bicycles etc. We do our best to live in harmony with both the local people and the surrounding forest. We also donate $2 per guest night to local education and community projects. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rivertime Resort And Ecolodge Hotel Vientiane
- Rivertime Hotel And Ecolodge
- Rivertime Hotel Vientiane