US$31
US$157
US$137
All reviewsfloating restauranteco lodgetubingaccommodationsam
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Had a great time here, its about 45 mins drive from Vientiane so be prepared for some tuk tuk rides.
I stayed in lodge 1 which was very spacious with a nice bed and hot showers, also a very nice view of the river.
The food is amazing, try the local dishes, and of course the Beerlao!

Good value for what you get!

Thanks Barnaby(Owner) for a lovely 3 days

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2014

My wife and I and another friend stayed here for just one night on October 5th-6th. We drove from Vientiane as our friend has a car (my wife and I will take the tuk-tuk next time from central Vientiane). The lodge is buried in trees and plants, right on the riverbank. The lodges cost $38 per night and can sleep two or more - extra beds can be provided. They offer a wide range of extra services - hire the boat for $8 an hour (up to eight people, though I'm not sure I would want to squeeze that many on), massage, organised trips, kayaking, bicycles etc. Some of the extras are free (bicycles), some extra but cheap (kayak is $2 per hour). Breakfast is included and was excellent. The restaurant is good and has a mind-bogglingly long menu (cut it back a bit, Barnaby, takes too long to read!!).

The boat will drop you across the river where there is a nice wat and village - we wandered through rice fields, watched a woman harvesting tamarind flowers, admired the extraordinary chickens they have there and enjoyed being in an ordinary Lao village where tourists were definitely not the norm!!

Criticisms? None, really. We are at the end of the wet season and there are a few repairs that will be needed - some light bulbs/lamps not working, etc. Showers were at best lukewarm but that was pretty much what you wanted in the heat anyway. But it was perfect for what we wanted - peaceful, family-run (little smiling kids running everywhere!), relaxed ("Checking-out time? We don't do that. You leave when you want to") and with a wonderful profusion of trees, plants, flowers and so many butterflies!! The one thing I would say is that the accommodation is basic - if you are the kind of eco-tourist who expects a five-star hotel conveniently buried in tropical forest, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The first time I saw the picture of this place, I directly decided to stay there and I am glad i did it. Located in the suburb of Vientiane and about 45 minutes by tuk tuk from city center. The place is quiet, far from noisy and i directly fall in love with the nature pool which they made at the bank of the river. Their floating restaurant is also nice with delicious cuisine. You can also try tubing in the Nam Ngum river, biking to the nearest traditional market about 3km from the resort or crossing the river and visit the neighbour village and buy some fruits. If I have a chance to go to Laos again, I will definitely come and stay at this resort..

Room Tip: besides private rooms they have also dorm which can accommodate until 4 persons
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I decided to visit Loas in too short time and made me no time to think where to visit.. I surfed the internet and found this Rivertime Resort.. It is situated 29 kilometres north-east of the Lao capital on the south bank of the Nam Ngum river (a tributary of the Mekong). The location is mid-way between Vientiane and the mountainous Phou Khao Kwai National Protected Area (NPA). I think, well.. this is the time to back to nature.. relax and forget about the crapy thing of life..

I had local massage, boat trip and visiting local villiage at day time and non-stop chatting in the floating restaurant with the other 2 people whom I met here and traveled by themselves, too.. we had great time together..so much chatting to rethink about life..

In my opinion, food is great here.. the price is reasonable and delicious..

In addition, the owner and staff are friendly and helpful.. I came with little information of Loas.. Luckily, I stayed here and they are patiently feeding me the info I need.. moreover, they upgraded my accommodation from a bed to a room.. It was nice, but... it was very "the world by yourself" feeling.. a bit scary though.. haha..

Overall, I am glad to stay here.. hopefully, I may come again in the future..

Room Tip: The room is a bit dust and without technical, such as TV and wifi, .. besides, it is very quiet at night and the ghost story would jump up in mind for no reason..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

The view is beautiful and it is a very unique concept to me. Basically you pre order all of your food and the you board a boat with a table. It is very intimate because you have one waitress and a river captain that you never see. If your beer gets low, she is quick to refill it. And by the way, the food is FANTASTIC!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends