“Amazing Indian fiod”

Taj Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 476 Restaurants in Vientiane
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We loved our butter chicken and chicken tikka masala! Very delicious, full of flavors, as we would be in India :-)

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Stumbled upon this place, by chance. It is very near the Chanthapanya hotel where I was staying. I, as an Indian, was in for a pleasant surprise. The owner has really recreated the Indian taste pretty far away from home, which made for a good dining experience. The vegetable biryani was great, except that the local rice is not exactly made for biryanis.
The place is small but neat with about 15 tables. Its not crowded but there is a steady stream of customers. Free wifi too. Economically priced and good service! If I ever go to Laos again, Tajmahal is definitely on my cards

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I last posted about this restaurant about 5 years ago and since then I must have visited more than 50 times. During that time I have had only two poor meals so 96% satisfaction is pretty good! Both poor meals were chicken tikka masala, though I have been happy when selecting CTM on other occasions and everything else has been very enjoyable. Prices are still reasonable and cold Beer Lao is a little cheaper than in most restaurants. WiFi is provided. I will continue to eat at the Taj Mahal when in Vientiane. Give it a try!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We came here on the strength of reviews I had read on Tripadvisor and it was a huge disappointment.

From the top: The portions were small. The chicken in my Chicken Tikka Marsala was dry. The Garlic Naan was not only small but looked as though garlic butter had been poured over it to make it garlic naan rather than normal naan. It wasn't that cheap either to warrant its less than average location and lack of air con. A huge disappointment.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This is a basic but very good Indian restaurant which stands out by the quality of the food..
They have a wide range of tasty dishes for very low prices. The naan bread is great too.