US$71
US$146
US$139
US$135
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$160/night.

TripAdvisor
Adler(Astana)
TripAdvisor
ADS rooms(Astana)
Agoda.com
All reviewsnice hotellunches and dinnerssmall groupgood sizequiet locationcomfortable bedshotel is locatedtaxis are cheapcentral asiawithin walking distanceairportcentrecityspasupermarketfurniturerefrigerator
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Good location in Astana within walking distance of Bayterek Complex and government buildings. Rooms a good size and bathrooms well appointed. Pool and spa facilities available. Restaurant available for breakfast and dinner.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Алия Т, Front office manager at Kazzhol Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear our Guest! Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you liked our hotel! Your responses helps us to change for the better. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel! In case of questions please feel free to contact us. Kind regards, Dina Makasheva Front Office manager

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Our small group stayed two nights at this tourist class hotel in late September when air temperatures outside were about 10c. Even with a window open we never got the temperature in our bedroom below 26c. In the restaurant (for want of a better word) it was swelteringly hot and the butter at the terrible breakfast buffet had melted in its little foil wrapper.

Astana is hilarious, a vast vanity project with gob-smacking trophy architecture. It’s great to walk around only you can’t from this hotel which is too far from the city centre, down a sort of grotty side street and overlooking a woebegone housing development. It’s ugly and soulless and you can say the same thing about the hotel. The entrance was grim, the lobby charmless and the staff didn’t seem to care if you were there or not.

The best thing about the hotel was our sauna-cum-bedroom which was spotlessly clean with gleaming white furniture. It was a fully functional space with a fair bathroom, TV with the embarrassing BBC World News and views down to that housing estate and the distant Astana skyline.

In a year or or two I expect the Kazzhol will be completely redundant as more hotels are built near the centre of things. There are already much better choices in this city.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear our Guest! Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our provided quality of service. We have already begun work on improving the quality of service, as well as find out the issue of regulating the temperature in the rooms. We once again deeply apologize for the provided inconveniences. Your responses helps us to change for the better. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel! In case of questions please feel free to contact us. Kind regards, Dina Makasheva Front Office manager

Reviewed 4 October 2017

After a long trip of 36 hours, this hotel was a lovely oasis.
The room was extremely clean, although a bit dark. The bed was a bit squishy, but compared to the majority of beds in Central Asia, a GREAT change from the usual, LITERALLY hard-as-a-board mattress. Brighter reading lights next to the bed would be welcome; what is currently there is too dim to read by.

The pool is GORGEOUS, and there's a jacuzzi and sauna, although both were too cool to use when I was there. There is also an exercise room with all kinds of machines.

The breakfast spread is something special: save your appetite!

There is a refrigerator in the room, and bottled water is provided.

Not inexpensive, but if you want comfort,I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Алия Т, Front office manager at Kazzhol Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear our Guest! Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you liked our hotel! However, I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with some points during your stay! Your responses helps us to change for the better. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel! In case of questions please feel free to contact us. Kind regards, Dina Makasheva Front Office manager

Reviewed 15 September 2017

A very Cosmopolitan Like hotel. Location is off a side street so you must know where you are going. Limited amount of English speaking staff but did ok with requests.. Arrived very late at night and needed a refrigerator for medicines. Maintenance worked very hard to fix and then replace unit in room. High floor rooms on the South offers great views of Central Astana.

Room Tip: High Floor South Side
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Алия Т, Front office manager at Kazzhol Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear our Guest! Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you liked the views from the room! However, I'm sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with some points during your stay! Your responses helps us to change for the better. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel! In case of questions please feel free to contact us. Kind regards, Dina Makasheva Front Office manager

Reviewed 4 September 2017

My room is a lovely suite, spacious with a comfortable bed. I really want to love it. But too many things did not work. When I arrived, the sink plug was broken shut, and the water would not drain. A repairman arrived -- in good time, I admit -- and fixed it. Then I realized in the heat of the afternoon (35 degrees Celsius) with my room getting the full brunt of the sun that the AC does not work properly. It was pantingly hot. A repairman came and said that the AC was working full blast. I couldn't feel any cool air coming from it. I called and pleaded again -- they wanted to move my room but with no promises that it worked better in another room, since they said nothing was wrong with it and that it was just a hot day. I have a sprained ankle and many bags, and didn't want to move for nothing, so I asked if they could just bring me an old fashioned fan. They brought me a portable AC unit, but the lowest temperature it can shoot out is 26 degrees Celsius. The room still feels like it is about 30 degrees (about 86 degrees). They suggested I open a window, but there are no screens on the windows and there is already a fly in here.

I have a local sim, and tried to top up my phone credit in the machine in the front, but it wouldn't close the deal, so I had to go down the street to do it. The ATM works well though.

The final annoyance -- I called and asked for a room service menu. They brought me one, but I ended up going out. The next day, the menu had disappeared. Being jetlagged, I woke at 2:30 a.m. (completely drenched in sweat) and searched in vain for it. I called and asked for a new one. A man appeared with a different, more limited bar menu, which he would not leave with me or even hand to me, but stood in the doorway holding it up for me to look at. He didn't speak English. "Burger," he said. "Only burgers?" I asked. "Yes," he said. Then he pointed to the chicken soup and said, "Soup." I said, "Ok, bring me soup." So they don't really have 24 hour room service, unless you want a burger or chicken soup, which I'll assume is from a can.

Again, this hotel has promise, but there were just too many annoyances for this to really be a comfortable place.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Алия Т, Front ofiice manager at Kazzhol Hotel Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Mrs.Lee! Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our provided quality of service. We have already begun work on improving the quality of service, as well as find out the issue of regulating the temperature in the rooms. We once again deeply apologize for the provided inconveniences. Your responses helps us to change for the better. We hope to see you again soon in our hotel! In case of questions please feel free to contact us. Kind regards, Dina Makasheva Front Office manager