All reviewsthe club loungeworld classgreat hotelbeyond expectationstasty foodjunior suiteother hotelslobby barstar hotelroom serviceblindsalexandrarcexpospabrandkazakhstan
Reviewed 11 August 2018

I've visited Almaty and stayed in Almaty Ritz Carlton in last year. With the very good experience in Almaty,So I came to Astana in this year. However, I found that both hotel RCs are difference.

The discrepancy including
- I also joined the "TREAT YOU" package, and I expected the offer are similar. But I found that "Roundtrip airport transfers" isn't included in Astana RC offer, but Almaty still yes.
- Swimming pool in Astana RC is located at 3/F, no slide windows, but with ceiling window. So the people in nearby buildings, they can see the guests swimming in there. In Almaty,It's located in higher floor with the snow-mountain view, and serving ginger tea and nuts (I've written this experience in tripadvisor).
- In Astana Club lounge, we had tried to order a special juice (Serving in their restaurant), but being declined. We had tried to ask another senior staff on next day, so that they could arrange to us. But in Almaty, the Club lounge staff is very attentive and helpful.We can order all food and beverages items (Serving in their restaurants) in the club lounge.
- "migration registration" is required when visiting to this country, under some condition. Almaty RC assisted us to complete the registration and returned the passport to us within <=7 hours. However, in Astana, they had used ~30 hours, so we had to bring our own passport copy when we were going out.

However, their restaurant Mokki is very excellent. They are really providing the real Ritz-Carlton service level.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Elmira Y, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear PhilipBALL,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Ritz-Carlton, Astana.

We highly appreciate your constructive feedback and insight to your stay, which will help us improve. We’ve made a note of all of your comments and will make sure to be ready to provide a flawless stay for you next stay. In the meantime please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that few miscommunications caused to your stay with us.

On a separate note we are very happy that you liked our restaurant.

Once again thank you for taking the time to put this review together and we shall be looking forward it welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The staf at the ritz welcomed us greatly. We where just about to go for a cocktail, preferably at a nice skybar. When the hostess showed us around in their restaurant we instantly wanted to try their delicious food too, and delicious it was! We had their Spicy Tuna and crostini with tomato and cheese. The staf was so incredibly friendly, our waitress - migucci - was outstanding in her qualities to make us enjoy our cocktails and food the best. She even looked up a good traveling agency for Almaty and gave us a very nice basket with local gifts. Thank you for the super pleasant day!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rose G,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.
We shall look forward to welcoming you back in our beautiful hotel.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Wonderful hotel. Breakfast is great, rooms are very good.
Very polite staff.
Affordable prices in the restaurant and lobby bar.
The hotel is just great and there is not much to add.
Best of where I've been in many years.

Stayed: July 2018
Elmira Y, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear RyabovAlex,

Thank you for a wonderful review and choosing to stay at our hotel.
We shall be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 July 2018

Our large party stayed at the hotel during the the busy AIFC conference period. The reception staff coped very well with check-ins, requests and check-outs, without any major problems. All staff were helpful, proactive and many spoke good English.

The food in the restaurant was of a good standard, although service was patchy, and speed needs to improve to international standards. Astana has many good restaurants serving better food at lower prices, so the restaurant needs to improve if it is to attract clients who are not hotel guests.

The rooms meet Ritz-Carlton worldwide standard except in one important respect. I was in a room with a connecting door, and could easily hear speech in the room next door. I had the same problem in the Ritz-Carlton Almaty where it was most unpleasant to hear sexual activity. It is clear that the group’s hotels in Kazakhstan do not have double doors or adequate soundproofing between connecting rooms, so these rooms should be avoided.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with a connecting door as there is no soundproofing between connecting rooms.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Elmira Y, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear MMSCPSYH,

First of all thank you so much for your thorough and constructive feedback which we highly appreciate.
We will make sure that the issues mentioned are dealt with in duly manner and are improved upon for your next visit.

We shall hope to see you back in our property in the nearest future.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I have to say I was treated like a King during my visit to Ritz Carlton Hotel last weekend.The Service was what you would expect from such a brand but it was the staff that made it,
The Club Lounge and All day Dining staff were on top form from the time I entered the Hotel until the time I left.I was even presented with a cake on occasion of my birthday and a small gift from the staff also.It was good to meet up with some old friends from my time at the Marriott Danny hasn't changed although how a guy can loose 10 kg when he was only 72 kg in the first place.Big thanks to the Management and a very big thanks for all the time and effort taken to train the staff to such a high level of service .

Room Tip: Rooms are vast and the Club Lounge was top quality.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Elmira Y, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Astana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Glenn C,

Thank you for your wonderful review and choosing to stay at our hotel.

We truly appreciate your feedback.