1,094 results
All reviews pool area an oasis independence monument tuk tuk boutique hotel lovely pool quiet street busy city side street deluxe room air con center of phnom penh lovely hotel small hotel central location couple of nights stay in phnom penh
Reviewed 30 April 2018

great little boutique hotel in the middle of the city, like a little oasis. ideal for a few days stop over as a base. friendly, clean . not a modern hotel but a step back to colonial times, with rustic features.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank crustycruse
Rémi D, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thanks for your nice review

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We spent two nights at the hotel during five day stay in Cambodia. Our room was big and functional, the A/C could have been a little more effective though, as it too a little to long IMO to cool the room down at night. The view towards the Pagoda was pleasant, but the large pile of filthy rubbish by the Entrance/Exit was a poor advert for a religious building!

The bar and restaurant were very good, I was very impressed with the bar snack's and the 'smoothies' available. As with previous hotels, breakfast was plentiful, varied and catered for all tastes. Service from 'front to rear of house' was very good, even down to the guy clearing leaves from the roof. A nice pool (more later) and plenty of space to relax & enjoy the sun, it was very hot during our stay, so the thought of sightseeing in 36 degrees was not open to discussion.
Regarding a recent post on the condition of the pool, I have a lot of experience re swimming pools and I think the Ph & Chlorine levels were not right or not checked often enough. Why! The frogs that came out at night swam in the pool. If the chemical levels were correct, they would not be able to do this. Having said that I used the pool regularly during my stay and had no problems. Just a thought.
Overall an enjoyable stay. Recommended

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeRouleur
Rémi D, General Manager at Villa Langka, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank your for your review and advice, much appreciated

A bientot

Reviewed 27 April 2018

I am a fairly regular client of your hotel and have liked it a lot. However, this time i contacted serious swimmers itch in the pool meaning it is NOT properly chlorinated. This is a very unwelcome event cost personal inconvenience and money for medication. I think I now know why there was NOBODY else in the pool the two days i was there. .

Room Tip: Room 11 needs a light over the bathroom mirror.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank regreimer40

Dear regreimer40,

Thank you for your feedback, our pool is checked twice a day for chemicals and it is very important to us.
Sorry about what happened to you. We have received no other comments about the pool

Best regards

Reviewed 25 April 2018

We found this property to be extremely good value for money. I was nervous booking after reading some complaints here, about location and customer service however:

- we LOVED being in a quieter business area because downtown PP was VERY busy and hot and overwhelming
-tuk-tuk drivers had no trouble taking us home, or if they were confused they asked another driver to explain/help
- still has atmosphere, immediate local area nice for a potter down residential streets to peek at some french or french-inspired architecture
- we had a really great tuk-tuk driver from the hotel who took us to Tuol Sleng, I wish i could remember his name to recommend him
-pool was amazing
-room was wonderful
-food servings were small but atmosphere is very pleasant
-family friendly
-easy to get in and out of town

ALSO, I read comments here in reviews complaining about the customer service and staff not speaking very good English. Firstly, inform yourself about education and literacy rates in this country. This is a country recovering from a devastating civil war and there is a HUGE education deficit, right across the country. If you travel in Cambodia you will OFTEN find yourself struggling to understand/be understood. We did sometimes find it a little hard to communicate w the staff here but no more so than in many many restaurants, hotels, shops, museums etc in this country. the staff worked incredibly hard to help us and to figure things out, and it all worked out well in the end. One time there was a communication breakdown which led to a car we needed not being booked, so the hotel waived the fee to apologise.

If you want fancy 5 star service, stay in a fancy 5 star hotel. This is a smaller boutique hotel, very good value for money. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenkerach

Thank you for your review and your understanding of Cambodia and Cambodians !

Best regards

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This boutique hotel was a quiet restful oasis in the middle of the city. It is located on a small street near the Independence Monument.
My room was spacious with 2 sitting chairs. The bed was firm with great pillows. I slept well each night of my stay (5 nights). The bathroom was very clean with a great shower - rainwater plus hand-held.
The breakfast was good. it consisted of a buffet with eggs cooked to order.
I also had dinner at the hotel a couple of nights. The menu gave a good selection of local and western choices. I enjoyed all meals I ate at the hotel.
The dining/breakfast/bar area is under cover but open on two sides and looks into the garden and pool area. It is also a nice place to sit and relax with a drink and read or use the hotel WiFi. The WiFi offerred a good connection and easily handled my requirements.
Throughout my stay the young staff provided efficient and helpful service wirth a friendly smile.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul S

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your nice review !