All reviews rooftop pool tuk tuk noodles stayed here for nights english skills business card breakfast buffet is hotel room rooms are clean an upgrade hotel is located nice bathroom hot shower mini bar would stay again killing fields air con
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night when visiting Phnom Penh, upon arrival they upgraded us to a beautiful suite, it was very large and overlooked the city. It had a massive bathtub which was delightful after a 6hr Bus trip from Ho Chi Minh!! The TV channels had a lot of American programmes which was good! Shower and bathroom were great too - full of toiletries.

Food - we decided to eat in the sky bar that night as we were exhausted from the travelling, it was nice. I opted for the pumpkin soup as I had a cold and didn’t want a lot, it was lukewarm but the waiter kindly took it downstairs and heated it up! The views from the sky bar are really gorgeous! Breakfast wasn’t bad, not a massive selection but I was able to get poached eggs & toast which were nice.

Tours - we did the Killing fields & S21 prison tour, it was organised by our hotel - they have their own tuk tuks and it cost $17, the tuk tuk waits for you at each site and you roughly spend about 5hrs at both! It was an amazing day & well worth it!

The hotel very kindly kept our baggage the following day when we checked out and when we returned from the killing fields they let us use all their facilities until our bus to Siem Reap at 11pm!!

P.s - lots of restaurants within walking distance or else a tuk tuk ride is usually $2! If you fancy a burger try Cousins burger & coffee - it was delic & very cheap!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived early and the staff were very accommodating, paid more for an extra child that didn't make the booking apparently but that's fine.
Actively perused our lost luggage.

First time at the pool:
Attendant seemed bored. I asked for an umbrella and he said they were all broken. Had to continually walk upto him to get some attention as he was watching videos on his phone. I asked him to get a manager to get an umbrella (I was watching my kids in the pool) and as if by magic the umbrellas weren't broken and one went up.

The second time we went to the pool (later that day) was a completely different experience, the staff were brilliant! Very impressed.

The hotel charges (mini bar, meals) are expensive though. Comparatively speaking. Western pricing (what i would pay in Aus) which is upsetting because it gives it a bad vibe. Watched most tourists come up to the roof for a drink and food to look at the menu and leave. (We did the same at tea time, Opting for a 1 hat Michelin restaurant plus driver for less money)

I had to put my foot down this evening. After putting the kids to bed I called reception for another towel and another pillow as there was only two of each in the room (remember i paid for the extra child) they said there was no more pillows.. I very gently told the manager that as I was paying for 3 people I expect 3 pillows.. again like magic a pillow arrived a short time later.. I have yet to have the discussion about toothbrushes and water...

Cannot comment on breakfast yet.
Tuk Tuk drivers attached to the hotel are good. Set a day rate with the driver. He drives carefully and slow (have kids on board) very prompt with his times and will apologise if you beat him to the rendezvous point (unnessasary obvoously)

The hotel has some brilliant staff which do credit to the Hotel, but it's clouded by the staff who don't seem to care.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The staff there are polite and knowledgeable. Basic English is sufficient for communication. The rooms are clean and cozy. The only thing is the sky bar pool doesn't seem frequently cleaned. may skip that if u are a bit worried like me.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here, the room was fine (Clean and tidy) and breakfast was good.

We did however feel that the standard was closer to a three star hotel which is the only reason we haven't rated this accomodation higher.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I had planned to give the hotel a 5 review but reduced it to 4 because of an incident at checkout. I was erroneously charged for 2 bottles of water. After a long discussion I was presented with two water bottles from the room's refrigerator that had broken seals. My denial of breaking the seals was not accepted so I paid for them. Please note that more than sufficient free water bottles are provided by the hotel and I was actually leaving with two of the free full bottles. Moral of this story is to do a complete inventory in the room at check-in. Imagine the frustration experienced if a TV remote or AC remote is missing and you didn't notice it when you first entered your room. PS: How do you check the seal on water bottles without breaking the seal? I still like the hotel! Fantastic breakfast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo