US$64
US$50
US$44
US$253
US$242
All reviewsplunge bathmajestic suitecomplimentary mini barlocal callsamazing frenchwater pumprestaurants in phnom penhbreakfast offersin house restaurantfrench bakerybeautiful decorationhuge bathroomblackout curtainsamazing hotelfront desk managerbed was very comfortablea small swimming pool
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

When I come to Phnom Penh I normally stay at Naga world. This time when I was sorting by guest reviews this place came up on the top of the list.

So proud of the choice I made to come here. I booked the airport shuttle for $15 USD and they were there waiting with a sign with my name on it.

25 minutes later we arrived at the hotel and were greeted warmly. The lobby was nice and cozy and the room was even nicer. It was so big I could park 2 cars in there side by side. They had everything I could ever want even a fresh bowl of assorted fruit. It was as sweet as candy.

The bed was very comfortable and they had fast Wi-Fi and a TV with plenty of channels. The air conditioner was so powerful I had to turn it down as I got really cold. The shower was super nice and had plenty of pressure.

They provide a cell phone in the room to make local calls for free or to get a Uber. So convenient and thoughtful. I didn’t try the food in the restaurant so couldn’t comment. They allowed me to have a late checkout at 2pm.

The staff were 5 star quality and always greeted me with a smile. Can’t wait to stay here again when I return next year.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank tetris2015
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We chose Arunreas based on excellent reviews the hotel received on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The room we booked is really spacious. The hotel has a very good restaurant and there’re plenty of eateries nearby. Customer service is also great. Highly recommended if you’re in Phnom Penh.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jirapat N
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay at Arunreas!

Exceptional food, exceptional service, and pleasing artwork. Great location also - Uber works well in Phnom Penh and you can get anywhere in the city for around $2.

Room service is available 24/7, and you have the option to order anything from the full restaurant menu.

The staff was incredibly helpful and eager to make our stay comfortable (gold standard). The Arunreas hotel and it's extraordinary staff are deserving of a full five star rating. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheTechTravelers
Reviewed 8 December 2017

I can not recommend this hotel enough, great staff, great room, great restaurant.
We would never have imagined visiting Phnom Penh twice, but now, thanks to Arunreas we will inevitably be back.

Make sure you eat at the hotel as it is as good as many European restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2017

In the US we have a children's story about a little train engine ("The Little Engine That Could") that exceeded what other (bigger engines) thought possible simply because it tried harder. Arunreas Hotel is the Little Hotel That Could. It is actually a pretty small hotel (12 rooms) but it exceeds what other big hotels try to accomplish because the hotel staff members work very hard to please guests and are very good at their jobs. We choose this hotel because of the good rating/reviews, the location, and the reasonable prices. We had a bit of a 'hard landing' when after arriving from a lengthy trip we arrived late and one of the two rooms we had booked had a smell we couldn't tolerate. The hotel was fully booked so the front desk manager (Lucas) quickly arranged for us to be accommodated at a nearby hotel while they dealt with the issue and moved us back in the next morning to the suite we had booked (201). At no time did the management (Jamey at the front desk and his supervisor, Lucas) make us feel uncomfortable for bringing up the issue of the smell; they just worked quickly and professionally to come up with an acceptable solution--all the while being very kind and understanding. The next day we settled in to a truly beautiful suite--very spacious in both the sleeping and seating areas, along with a huge bathroom with a tub the size of small pool. I won't attach a picture of my wife and daughter in their swim suits in the tub (because they would kill me) but it would clearly show that probably 8 people of their size could fit in that tub. The suite has relief art reflecting ancient Khmer art on many walls and in the bathroom as did our daughters room (a single room which also had a comfortably large bathroom). There are many positive things about this hotel; I'll just mention a few. The location is great, close to excellent restaurants, spas, and about a 10-15 minute walk to the National History Museum. It's a cool area that we enjoyed exploring. The hotel houses one of the best (and highest rated) restaurants in Phnom Penh. It is very reasonable in price and features many delicious dinner dishes. We were happy we included breakfast in our room rate as the restaurant has excellent breakfast selections. The biggest 'positive' is the people that work in Arunreas. They are fabulous! The only 'negatives' we could think of were insignificant relative to the many 'positives' but included: we would have liked blackout curtains which would also block out a bit more of the traffic noise (the curtains do block out most light but you can definitely tell when the sun has risen); and the bathroom is so huge we would have liked 2 sinks. One cautionary note: the hotel has a relationship with a spa they recommend which we found quite disappointing. To be fair, when we told the front desk we were disappointed with the Samata Spa, Lucas recommended another (Bliss Spa) which was only a short walk from the hotel and was great! It was our first trip to Phnom Penh although we are very familiar with SE Asia (lived there several years) and we had always wanted to visit Cambodia. We are glad we stayed at Arunreas Hotel because the people there really went 'the extra mile' to make sure we were enjoying their beautiful country. Simply put, while the facility of the hotel is quite impressive, it is the people who work there who make it a special place. We look forward to seeing Bopha, Sarah, Lucas, Jamey and all the wonderful people in the restaurant again.

Room Tip: Our family had two rooms: a suite and a single room. Both were very nice and a very good value.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family