All reviews indoor pool independence monument small gym royal palace tiny soap well equipped kitchen changed rooms bedroom apartment mekong river appointed rooms tuk tuk this lovely hotel rain shower city view decent size easy access each morning
Reviewed 27 February 2016

Was upgraded from a studio to a 2 bedroom apartment, which was unexpected. Enjoyed the space, and the comfortable bed. Overall, good value for money, well-located and generally friendly, helpful staff. I may finally have found a place to return to in PNH (if interested, you'll find my reviews of other hotels elsewhere). Should add 3 things. 1. There was a building site outside my window - didn't bother me, but I was up before they began each day. Am sure I could have changed rooms if I was bothered. 2. The pool is indoors and a bit too warm, but a decent size. 3. Breakfasts! Why not simplify to a buffet, with fresh fruit, decent bread & pastries, and so on, rather than ordering a type of breakfast from the menu. I found breakfast a bit disappointing.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Chateau M, Management team at Chateau The Meliya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2016

Dear Haukyn,
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time to write us a review.
We are delighted to hear that you had good time with us and our team were able to bring you our hospitality and friendliness.

Concerning about the building next to our hotel, sadly it happens all in Phnompenh with constructions & noise every time. However we are trying our best to not let them start working to early and disturbing our guests. We also clean and heat the swimming pool as it's an indoor pool, so that it won't let everyone feel freezing after swim. But we are very appreciated your feedback and check the temperature more carefully. Last but not least, we are working on expanding the restaurant and bringing the breakfast buffet with more choices and better quality very soon.

Thank you very much for your feedback as this is how we can improve our service and hopefully to welcome you back next time you visit Phnompenh. Please contact us directly via email: reservation@chateauthemeliya.com.

Warm regards,
Management team

Reviewed 28 January 2016

Its very good hotel and very conveniently located close to the Royal place. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
There are few issue with the hotel, although we stayed in the suite and had a kitchen kettle etc, we were not provide tea, coffee. Also, although the hotel provides breakfast, when it got very busy they struggled to provide it on timely manner.
Other than that great hotel.

Room Tip: Royal Suite is good for family
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Chateau M, Management team at Chateau The Meliya, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2016

Dear SumiDeSilva,
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking your time to write a review. We are very sorry to hear that the service did not meet your expectations. We have inquired the staff of their mistakes about complimentary tea & coffee in room and this issue has been raised to everyone in housekeeping team to avoid . Concerning about breakfast, we are working on bringing a buffet with more choices and quicker service to serve for our guests.
We really appreciate your feedback to improve our service and hopefully to welcome you back next time to visit Phnom Penh with our best service. Please contact us directly via email: reservation@chateauthemeliya.com.

Warm regards,
Management team

Reviewed 5 January 2016

excellent location, very close to the Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda.around 1km walk.
take TukTuk everywhere (to central market/etc) for usd 2.
or book tuktuk for whole day for usd 10.
the hotel rooms are new, clean and spacious, complete with kitchen and utensils. we stayed in different rooms (102, 703, 405), all good. the breakfast serves good food, but takes a long time for cooking. try the fried rice, fried noodle, club sandwich, all good...better make an order 20min before you go down for breakfast.
free wifi every place you go

Room Tip: better view from the 4 storeys up
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
B5174WNtony, General Manager at Chateau The Meliya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2016

Thank you so much for your email and time with us

We just wanted you to know that we truly enjoy working with you and feel honored to be your chosen home at Château the Meliya.
We highly value your trust in our company, and we will do our very best to continue to meet your needs and to provide you with the kind of service you expect and deserve.
Your continued support and suggestions are a vital part of our growth and our teams genuinely care for our guests. They will go above and beyond to ensure you have a memorable stay with us. Your constructive feedback and recommendations are what encourages us each and every day to pursue perfection.
Sorry for our long time for order the breakfast and we are going to update our buffet as soonest to reach your need.

Thanks again! We consider each and every guest as part of our Chateau family and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

We spent 3 days in this lovely hotel as it was a sweet surprise from my boyfriend for my birthday treat. And i must say this was the best getaway experience so far for me. As we also live in Phnompenh so we were looking for quiet, private and relax time for each other so we stayed in the room most of time.
We stayed in studio double and this was the most outstanding point of the hotel. We had a 2 balcony room which is very clean and bright in the morning, cozy and romantic in the afternoon. We didnt bring much luggage and no need housekeeping service so we put DND sign. The room still looked new and clean and morden but very comfy.
Fitness center is a plus as the room is quite small but you could burn your calories hard with full of equipments there. We treated ourselves for food quite well but no excuse in gym ;)
I've been working in hospitality as well as experiencing in 5* resorts and hotels for years, not mention about service as we hided ourselves in room but i would vote for this hotel a 4* standard for the facilities. I will definitely book this place again for my family trip when my parents visit me next year.

Room Tip: a perfect place for family trip with full of kitchen equipments
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your email and time with us

Sorry if any unexpected that missing from our service.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

I stayed at this service apartment/hotel 3 times in the past year. The last stay was for 20 days. I must say that the service that I received from all staff, especially from the Ops Manager Chhinh Touch was above exemplary. The place was clean and safe. My only wish was that all of Cambodia had this caliber of people, where I would actually consider moving here from the US. I was treated very well. The price discount that was offered during my stay was extremely generous.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family