All reviews sky bar royal palace tuk tuk order eggs the river walking distance side street two night stay small balcony western style killing fields silver pagoda fantastic hotel breakfast was excellent stayed here for three nights riverside area a great place to stay
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights and would stay here again. The room was comfortable - they apparently upgraded us but unfortunately the balcony doors didn't close completely at the top so we needed extra bug repellant! The hotel has a great location, very close to the palace and there is also an interesting temple complex to explore opposite too if the palace is closed when you visit. The street is not in a great condition but the Queen (and the King next door) are little havens of tranquility and the staff are lovely. Breakfast was delicious (recommend the little chive pancakes) in the usual buffet style and you can also order eggs etc from the staff. Didn't use the spa but we did use the rooftop bar which has great views over the palace one way and distant river views the other side.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nikki H
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Perfect stay at this hotel. The room was very comfortable, clean and had great amenities, I especially liked the universal power point.

The roof top bar was awesome even though it was wet and rainy we took advantage of it. Lay Ryan and Chanda were so lovely and helpful. There English was fantastic and they gave us great insight to Phnom Penh. Also they made great cocktails.

The location was very central and easy walking distance to the tourist spots, however in the night time I wild recommend getting of the beating track and experience local food and culture.

Overall a great experience!

Stayed: December 2017
4  Thank gemma h
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Very centrally located, rooms good and attentive, courteous staff. On the downside: rooftop bar unusable if there is a risk of rain (there often was during evening hours) and the street in front is in very bad shape so it may be a bit muddy approaching the hotel after rainfall. Safe for valuable did not work and they were unable to make it work during our stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank ulricha555
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has the perfect location is you want to visit Phnom Penh for a few days. The rooms are modern and clean. Don’t bother paying extra for rooms with balconies though as they face other close up buildings. The staff is nice and helpful. There is a nice rooftop with a bar and a jacuzzi but don’t expect crazy nightlife: the bar is mostly nice to go to in the afternoon. Overall we were very happy with our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: December 2017
4  Thank Inès A
Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

My family and I stayed here from the 21st and the 25th December. There are so many things to love about this hotel. It's quaint, cozy and very comfortable. The location is leafy and convenient, everything is within walking distance. We only took the tuk tuk to head to the places that took more than 30 mins walk, which are only a few. We really appreciate the warmth of the staff from our check in to our check out.

I would have given this place a 5 star rating if it wasn't for the spa treatment that we took from the hotel. My mother and I tried their khmer massage and aromatherapy massage. My masseuse was young and inexperienced. I reckon I can probably do on my own what she did during my aromatherapy session. For USD18 an hour, that's quite pricey for a sub par session. My mom had an uncomfortable session when the masseuse did not stop talking and telling her about her hard life. Her service was also not up to expectation. The lady who was in charge of the reservation was not friendly compared to the other staff, which was is ironic if you ask me.

We understand that it is not easy for most people in Phnom Penh to make a living but considering the time and the place to share, it was simply unacceptable. I hope that the hotel will ensure that the massage therapists are all well trained in the future. If not, there is no need to attach the word 'spa' to its name.

Aside from that, it is a solid choice for those looking for a comfortable and affordable lodging in the lovely city of Phnom Penh.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family