All reviews the river fcc restaurant side street rain shower boutique hotel rooftop bar tourist attractions royal palace bayon balcony pp journalist
Reviewed 25 November 2014

We stayed one night at the FCC Phnom Penh, since I had done my research I was really looking forward to soaking up the historic ambiance. And the restaurant/bar had that in spades. Loved the feel and the photographs on the walls. Food was OK, but you go there for the view of the quay and the flags and the feeling of what it must have been like for the journalists and the city in the day. But this is a hotel review, and I have to say, it was just ok. We paid for a superior room, and it was large for sure, but there were two things that really bothered me - one is that the safe didn't work, and given that we were robbed in PP that night, it was a HUGE problem. The other was that we had to leave the hotel, walk around the corner and ascend a separate staircase to get to our room. There was no security lock or gate at the foot of the stairs.The room door had a key lock that could have easily been popped with a credit card and while there was an extra hasp inside the room, you basically had to risk your belongings while out of the room. On other topics, there was a lot of street noise - the glass seemed to be single paned - but that was to be expected given location and age. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: The Preah Khan room has a balcony with an entrance on a side street. I recommend asking for a room with an inside entrance, and specifically not this room.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LoveTravel811186
Reviewed 23 November 2014 via mobile

I adored my room in the FCC, I was overlooking the river just under the angled balcony on the bar. Whilst I was concerned that it might be noisy through the night due to the road, I actually didn't hear a thing. I chose the hotel due to it being in the centre of the part if Phnom Penh that I know thus meaning no battles with the tuk tuk drivers etc therefore it worked perfectly for me. Can't comment on the price as there are some great deals on the internet for this hotel, but I think my company booked direct therefore did not take advantage of these. I felt that the staff were a little perplexed by the check in process, therefore I was left unaware as to the arrangements for breakfast or whether there were any other parts to the hotel that I could use other than my room,

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 15 November 2014 via mobile

We had a great view from the bar stools on the second floor balcony. The food was terrific. The place is a bit crowded, and it's worth it only if you get a good table. The view from the first floor s not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2014
Kareem M, Manager at FCC Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Dear palghat,

Thank you for your review of FCC Phnom Penh. We were very pleased to have you and are happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

At FCC, we are dedicated towards satisfying our customers and are constantly trying to improve our services. If you have any suggestions as to how we can make the experience more pleasurable, please do not hesitate to contact us at kareem@fcchotels.com.

Once again, we are glad you enjoyed your time with us, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 12 November 2014

Decided to book this hotel as the one in Siem Reap was very nice . While the views and location are good if you stay on the riverside the rooms will disappoint you. Good place to eat but would recommend finding other place to stay if you like 4-5 star properties .

Stayed: November 2014
Kareem M, Manager at FCC Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2014

Dear Wahoo1000,

Thank you for your review of FCC Phnom Penh. We were very pleased to have you and regret you did not fully enjoy your experience with us. We would also very much appreciate it if you write us and tell us what you enjoyed about FCC Siem Reap, and how we can emulate the same experience for you in FCC Phnom Penh

At FCC, we are constantly trying to improve our services and achieve customer satisfaction. We hope that your experience will not deter you from visiting us again in the future, and in the meantime, we would highly appreciate it if you provide us with suggestions as to how to improve the quality of our services to your delight.

Once again, we thank you for your honest review, and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

Great character hotel with very large room and comfortable bed, including ensuite. Balcony with great view overlooking Mekong River. We went on the last night of the water festival and had a front row view of the beautifully decorated boats as they went up an down the river and fireworks. Central location. Easy access to restaurant and bar of FCC. Ideally we had a package deal including airport transfers, sightseeing, Tuk Tuk trips, Cruise boat trip on river to watch sunset for just the two of us! We visited raffles hotel for lunch and felt the FCC was a better choice being in the centre of a busy, lively hub.

Room Tip: Front room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Kareem M, Owner at FCC Phnom Penh, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2014

Dear Jane S,