All reviews no lift the river royal palace riverside view hot water buffet breakfast rooms are huge rooftop restaurant charming hotel top floor location is excellent colonial style busy street night market balcony riverfront cambodia
Reviewed 13 November 2014

From the time I arrived to when I left the experience at this hotel can only be described as excellent.The staff are very helpful and polite,the room was clean and tidy and the breakfast very satisfying.Centrally located made it easy to get around and the river front room was great during the water festival I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2014

Dear Peter,
Thank you so much taking time to write us a review. We are very happy you liked to stay with us and appreciated our hotel and services. You are wright it is the best place to watch the water festival, boat racing s and fire works. Hope to see you again one dy in our wonderful city of Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 12 November 2014

First off, there is only one room with a kitchenette (307B). We booked this room due to my husband being a diabetic and we were staying in this hotel for six nights. The first evening the noise from the restaurant directly above the room was so bad we had to change rooms at 12:00am. Every foot step could be heard, specially the ladies in heels. Every time a chair was moved, it made a very loud scraping noise on the tile floor. Since we had originally upgraded and paid more for the first room, and since the second room wasn't nearly as nice as the first, we asked if we could have a discount in our laundry cost, we were told no.
The second room had no hot water, not just cool, but ice cold. We talked to the manager about it. The next day we were gone all day exploring. When we arrived in the evening, the room still hadn't been cleaned. We went to the front desk, they said they'll send someone up. The maid came in and gave us fresh towels and left. I had to return to the desk and ask for; toilet paper, soap, water and coffee. At that time they told me we do not clean rooms unless you gave us the key and ask them to clean the room. That would have been nice to know when we checked in.
The next day we had an option of ice cold water or boiling (no joke-boiling-the entire room filled with steam, not just the bathroom). I went down to the front desk with scald marks on my face, and told the manager something was seriously wrong with the water. My husband was quite upset that I had been burned, as he's telling her, the girl that's manning the front desk starts laughing. She tells me, I'll send someone up in a bit. At that point I demanded to see the owner. The very young women that had been stating she was the manager, then tells me I'm the owner. REALLY. I said than I want you to come up and check the water, she says oh- no, I have someone else for that. I said no-YOU need to see how bad it really is. So finally she comes to the room, and test the water by turning it on and off, than says "wow that's really... hot". I said, yeah I got it right in the face.
So she says once again, they'll have someone look at it tomorrow.
Next day we were told it was fixed, after returning from a long day. I go to take a shower and its the same. I once again go and talk to the manager/ supposed owner- she suggest we change rooms a third time. She shows us another room, (were like- what ever), we'll take it, we just want to be able to take a shower. So they check the water and its the same. So we decide to stay in our second room.
At this point we are so tired of complaining. This was only going to be the first week of a three week trip to Cambodia and Vietnam. We're not high rollers- that must only have the best, and pick at every detail. We've stayed in many two star hotels, and have dealt with many cool showers. But the overwhelming problems were getting out of hand. We told the supposed owner, one of the reasons we stayed at this hotel was because of the reviews. We were impressed that if the hotel did get a bad review, there was always a response, of a way to make it better. We told her we would be filling out a negative review. At that, she says we'll give you a free dinner at the roof top restaurant and 50% off your laundry. Sadly its a little to late, and a dollar short.
So for the rest of the trip, a total of five nights we took ice cold showers. You may think with it being 90+ degrees, it would feel good, trust me it doesn't.
When we finally checked out, the front desk demands that we pay for the "free meal" at the roof top restaurant. I remind her we had a coupon, so after five minutes and three phone calls, she agrees. Then..... she tells me we have to pay for a bottle of wine in the mini bar. I said no its there, we don't even drink. So she calls back up, and once again, says its not there. I said yes it is, and described exactly where it was at, (you know, where they originally placed it). She says no, you have to pay for it. So I, (now that I'm really pissed), run up four flights of stairs, grab the bottle of wine and bring it down with the bell boy in tow. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS HOTEL!!!!!
We could not get out of there fast enough. The good thing was that the remaining 7 hotels we stayed at were heaven. The only good thing about this hotel was the location, but is location really worth it. Plus there's so many other hotels to pick from. To save your vacation, that you've spent a lot of money on, stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear customer,
Thank you so much for your review. Mrs Rindy 35 years old General Manager report me about all this. She generally handle the customers and small incidents who can occur in a nice way. She also report about some other things you did and I don t want to report here. Yes the first night was a very small pb with hot water because of our new solar hot water system newly installed. By the way the cold water can never be ice cold because it is stored on the roof top in huge container under the sun. The next morning the company came to fix the hot water problem
Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2014 via mobile

Friends who frequently travel to Cambodia recommended this boutique hotel to us saying that we would really enjoy a stay here... to say we were overwhelmed by its charm is a huge understatement!... We have done a lot of travelling , especially in South-east Asia but we have never encountered such luxury at such bargain prices... the rooms are MASSIVE.. decorated with khmer carved artefacts and dark wood four poster beds, two air conditioners , marble tiled bathrooms and large balconies off every room, all of which overlook the magnificent Tongle Sap Riverfront! The vibrant happenings of the waterfront below can easily be escaped from by double glazed doors so as to relax in a tranquil space. We were in Phnom Penh four years ago, and our wanderings through this part of town were certainly of a different experience.. Development has happened in a big way in a short time , but in my mind , not to the detriment of the city.. really really highly recommend this gem of Phnom Penh!

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Scentediotus.
Thank you so much for your nice review and your precious time to write it. We are happy you like our Bougainvillier hotel and the wonderful city Of Phnom Penh. Hope we can see you again on your next trip. still many thing to discover in this city.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

Pro - Nice view, convenient for food and drinks, clean.

Con - Breakfast not so good, limited food selection. No lift in the hotel, might not be suitable for older people. Tuk Tuk drivers outside the hotel is a bit scary at times, walk out to hotel and there are about 4 tuk tuk drivers surround us.

Overall it's a nice hotel with river view, good to stay during their water festival.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernard M, Owner at Bougainvillier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2014

Dear Leow.
Thank you staying with us and sending your review. We are happy you liked our hotel. Sorry we could not match your taste for breakfast. We have nearly 50 items to offer every morning for breakfast. Would you come back stay wl ith us ask for a special meal u like we will arrange it for you.

Reviewed 22 October 2014

We had a River View Junior Appartment which had uninterrupted river views( this was a far better room than the deluxe our friend had), the roof top bar and restuarant has a happy hour 5 to 7pm which is good for a drink in the afternoon. Breakfast was good didn't try the restuarants apart from that. There is no elevator so be prepared for steps wasn't a big worry for us. The only negatives for me was check out at 11am and a $35 usd cost to check out at 2 pm, you could leave you're luggage at storage if you didn't want to pay for late check out.

Room Tip: Rooms with a river view are more expensive but well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends

dear JK,
Thank you so much spending your time to send us a review and staying at Bougainvillier Hotel.
We are happy you liked our rooms and restaurants and hope to see you next time at Bougainvillier.