All reviews royal palace shampoo and conditioner minute walk nice room air con rooms are clean free water double room national museum stayed here for nights fridge cambodia street riverside phnom tuk
Reviewed 7 September 2014

Good thins: Halal KFC available at walking distance. They gave me 20% discount to compensate my frustration. I'm glad they tried to keep me happy at least.
Bad points:
No halal food in their hotel. Although halal KFC is at walking distance. No water pipe in washroom. Housekeeping was not done the following day which I had to request. They kind of did a quick cover up with not so cleaning. As such I had to wait nor 3rd day for toiletries replacement. Although they compensated me with 20% discount because of this (and skipping breakfast) Nearby area around hotel is like downtown - its not clean. No night life. No market nearby. Hotel is noisy in night because of young guys n girls riding bikes till late night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KamranShaukatAliKhan
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week whilst passing time on a trip through Asia. Smooth check in, upgraded by the nice gentlemen checking me in and helped with bags etc.

The staff are excellent, especially at dinner in the restaurant downstairs which was reasonably priced and very high quality. Can not praise them enough.

Room was modern and comfortable, secure and clean. Free bottle water is provided once a day.

It's 5/5 here but my only gripe is the tuk tuk guys outside. They are not directly employed by the hotel but like all of Asia they do hang around outside hotels wanting business. Admittedly whilst I am to blame for my own intoxication these guys were more than happy to rip me off and extort as much money as possible when I used their services. No fault of the hotels but avoid them at all costs, find a good honey driver and pay him accordingly do not let these guys have a single cent!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Its a nice place in the middle of the city. The staff is fantastic, very helpful and friendly. The two rooms we had booked were nice, spacious and clean. Just the maintenance of the bathrooms could have been better. They serve delicious breakfast which is very filling before you head out to explore the city. All in all, will recommend this place in Phnom Pen.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharmi17
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Nice and helpful staff, quiet and pleasant ambience. Bonus points for tasty breakfast.
Phnompenh can be really exhausting and overwhelming. It's one big mess, but incredibly interesting. Also the reminders of the terrifying history of Cambodian people ere extremely powerful and not easy to handle. Therefore I really appreciated to have quiet place to relax and sort out my thoughts.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Zuzana R
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had a lovely room on the third floor with a beautiful view and a four poster bed...However there was no elevator and for me climbing up and down the stairs was a bit tiring! I wanted to save my energy for the Tours! After a couple of days they got me a room a the ground level behind the Reception Desk which was not two elegant with a 2 separate beds but that was better and I was happy with it! they even helped me book a tour...The Mekong Sunset Cruise which I had enjoyed along with the side tours like visiting the Fish market and the Silk Weaving Village as well! I recommend the place!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have lovely views and more comfortable as well but only when yu don't mind climbing up and down the stairs. No elevators!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo