Pillar Hotel
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$64
US$38
Green Palace Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$65
US$73
US$60
US$253
US$242
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I travelled to Phnom Penh several times in the past and lived in Hotel Casa and Lance Court. This pillar hotel was the worst I have ever had because of the following points:

1/ I was given a room next to the corridor and everyone passing by my room could see me through the glasses. Curtain was available but you cannot cover the glass door when you are out.
2/ Hot water was not available for showers. I have repeatedly requested staff to take care of but I was told in the next day that because I was not there in the morning! It came to a complete nonsense to me because I was never told that I needed to be present and, more importantly, the room key was left at the reception counter for their access of inspection.
3/ Water pipe burst in the early morning hours and I was forced to take showers in another room. The male staff member has difficulty to understand my issues and only came when I forced him to come upstairs.
4/ No refill of body soap and shampoo unless you requested.
5/ Staff members did not communicate internally at all - I requested staff in the afternoon shift to help book a taxi next morning. However in the next morning, no one knew if a taxi was booked until the taxi driver arrived before I finished my breakfast.
6/ The English fluency of staff was poor. I barely could communicate with them. While I understand you cannot expect too high in Phnom Penh, I did not assume staff at the reception counter could not understand what a postcard means.
7/ My question of whether or not I could have sandwich as breakfast was simply ignored.
8/ The lift was not available but luckily enough I backpacked so it wasn't really a problem to me. However, the stairs wasn't even but in steep slope.
9/ Air conditioner was placed next to my bed so the room temperature was not even - severe coldness when you slept but you will feel hot if the air-con was not turned on.
10/ The spa service listed in the description did not exist at all.

Room Tip: Make sure you requested a room with real window and door.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you for your review, I am sorry for your inconvenience for the time that you had stay with us, I am truly sorry from my heart to make your trip in Cambodia so uncomfortable. We are going to improve everything according to your review for us for the better for our customers.

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last couple years and it is usually a good place to stay. The $40 rooms comes with a nice view of the river, airport transfers, free breakfast ,and a daily massage. Rooms are modern and clean. Staff very friendly. Close to all the bars and restaurants. On 1 of my visits i did manage to "lose" a $100 bill i had tucked away in my luggage tho. My own fault for not using the safe box room. Book this place via email or telephone.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for your great review, we hope to make you more comfortable the next trip you going to visit Cambodia again. For the lose of money we are so regrading to know that you had that issue if we had know about that before you left for sure we will find the solution for you no matter what it take. Thank you so much for your understanding again thank you.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I stayed in The Pillar as my previous hotel couldn't host me for another night anymore. I choose this hotel for the convenient location as it was in walking distance to my bus early the next morning.
The staff is very friendly and the room is spacious and very clean. It has tv, a stocked fridge and an en-suite bathroom with seperated showercabin. Unfortunately the airconditioning was pointing towards the bed which caused some cold, soar backmuscles the next morning. The room is quiet and Wifi is strong.
Breakfast is included for one person and the girl was so friendly she made me a sandwich to-go the next morning. Also included in the roomprice ($40) is a massage. However, since I didn't need one I feel it would be reasonable when the roomprice would be reduced, but that is not their policy.
The hotel is located at the river and has many bars, restaurants, shops and the nightmarket very close by. Next door is Limoncello restaurant where you can get the best Italian food (see my review).
Overall I found the hotel and everything of good quality and I would definitely rate it higher when the price would be more in line. Before this hotel I stayed in another hotel where I paid $25 a night and that one even has a swimmingpool (see review).

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for your great review, it mean a lot to us. We will try to provide the better service for our customers. Again thank you so much from our heart.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

i tried to book 2 times at this hotel / guesthouse as its really close to the places i need to visit

both times really poor customer service , 1st time i gave up and 2nd time i got as far as viewing the room then had so much trouble booking the nights i needed i again gave up

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

We are sorry to know you had trouble with booking, right now we are improving on very part of our system for the better service to our customers.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I stayed here for a five nights, and paid $25 a night - I was told after i had checked in that the room was worth $45. Actually the room was fantastic, big, clean, with balcony, TV, fridge, kettle etc.
I stayed in two rooms - cause i checked out then went back when i couldn't get a bus that day. The 4th floor has a great view of the river, the 1st floor doesn't! It looks out at the building opposite which is a nice coffee shop!

The food served is nice - but limited - less than is on the menu, so basically sandwiches.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view - but i think even 2nd floor would be ok!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo