“Nice little hotel”
Review of Pillar Hotel

Pillar Hotel
Ranked #239 of 335 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here many times over the last couple years and it is usually a good place to stay. The $40 rooms comes with a nice view of the river, airport transfers, free breakfast ,and a daily massage. Rooms are modern and clean. Staff very friendly. Close to all the bars and restaurants. On 1 of my visits i did manage to "lose" a $100 bill i had tucked away in my luggage tho. My own fault for not using the safe box room. Book this place via email or telephone.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for your great review, we hope to make you more comfortable the next trip you going to visit Cambodia again. For the lose of money we are so regrading to know that you had that issue if we had know about that before you left for sure we will find the solution for you no matter what it take. Thank you so much for your understanding again thank you.

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I stayed in The Pillar as my previous hotel couldn't host me for another night anymore. I choose this hotel for the convenient location as it was in walking distance to my bus early the next morning.
The staff is very friendly and the room is spacious and very clean. It has tv, a stocked fridge and an en-suite bathroom with seperated showercabin. Unfortunately the airconditioning was pointing towards the bed which caused some cold, soar backmuscles the next morning. The room is quiet and Wifi is strong.
Breakfast is included for one person and the girl was so friendly she made me a sandwich to-go the next morning. Also included in the roomprice ($40) is a massage. However, since I didn't need one I feel it would be reasonable when the roomprice would be reduced, but that is not their policy.
The hotel is located at the river and has many bars, restaurants, shops and the nightmarket very close by. Next door is Limoncello restaurant where you can get the best Italian food (see my review).
Overall I found the hotel and everything of good quality and I would definitely rate it higher when the price would be more in line. Before this hotel I stayed in another hotel where I paid $25 a night and that one even has a swimmingpool (see review).

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Thank you so much for your great review, it mean a lot to us. We will try to provide the better service for our customers. Again thank you so much from our heart.

Reviewed 4 July 2015

i tried to book 2 times at this hotel / guesthouse as its really close to the places i need to visit

both times really poor customer service , 1st time i gave up and 2nd time i got as far as viewing the room then had so much trouble booking the nights i needed i again gave up

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Borath P, Owner at Pillar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

We are sorry to know you had trouble with booking, right now we are improving on very part of our system for the better service to our customers.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

I stayed here for a five nights, and paid $25 a night - I was told after i had checked in that the room was worth $45. Actually the room was fantastic, big, clean, with balcony, TV, fridge, kettle etc.
I stayed in two rooms - cause i checked out then went back when i couldn't get a bus that day. The 4th floor has a great view of the river, the 1st floor doesn't! It looks out at the building opposite which is a nice coffee shop!

The food served is nice - but limited - less than is on the menu, so basically sandwiches.

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view - but i think even 2nd floor would be ok!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

Didnt realise it changed owners. Was looking forward to its breakfast there. To my dissappointment it was a failure. "Expedia.com.au"stuffed up my booking! After it guaranteed my paid booking and no need to contact them to confirmed paid booking. On arrival they had one room paid for according to expedia.com.au.Still waiting for its response.
This is not for familys and be warned that the hotwater is bouling hot. But was warned from the reviews. Free Breakfast is now downed graded to a samdwhich roll. The Security Guard although minimal english is a mature and reasponsible man and cares for your welfare. Especially warning you of bad tuk tuk drivers trying to scam more money of foreigners that are friendly "Mr Sar" you've been made. You have been warned about this guy outside the Pillar Hotel. Generally my focus is all about the staff and there hospitally. They make up the bad points of this hotel. Just remember as I have always mentioned. English is not their first language and they do try, so be patient. The hotels location is all about bars etc and so near to the bus a ferry terminal which is across the road.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends