“Worst experience ”

Seeing Hands Massage Center
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience :( I was put in a room with fluorescent lights, 8 beds with other clients, and was given a mouldy smelling pyjama suit to wear. Other clients were talking loudly and the masseurs were having conversations while massaging.
5 minutes in there were loud voices on a microphone - I believe a prayer for New Year - which would’ve been nice if a) I’d been told about this or b) there weren’t 2 other conversations going on over this. I’ve had other visually impaired massages (which were amazing - best experience ever) and Seeing Hands didn’t even come close. I don’t usually write reviews, however I think that people need to be informed that this is a waste of time and money albeit for a good cause.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"employment"
"curtained"

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Love supporting local folk. Great massage , very clean and great atmosphere. The hour was well spent with these amazing healing hands. Talked English but was respectful of quite time.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I had a back/shoulder/neck massage and was very happy. It's a special experience since you are aware of the fact the the people are blind at some moments. But my massager kept attention to what I mentioned was my problem and I had the impression that he adjusted the massage to this needs. I was very happy and even if the place is not the prettiest one, think of the good cause you're supporting.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

I read mixed reviews about Seeing Hands on Tripadvisor, so I knew that it was a hit or miss when I decided to give it a try with the one across Friends restaurant. The people at the reception were very friendly and let me use the wifi to keep me busy while I waited very patiently for 30 minutes because both massage therapists were still busy with other clients. I chose the 60min “back, head and shoulder” massage, but it was a little disappointing. The “back” part was mostly rubbing in oil with flat hands. The “head” part was very uncomfortable because he pressed my head REALLY hard into the mattress with a dry towel. It felt like he was scraping off the skin of my forehead and I could still see red marks 30min after the massage. The “shoulder” part was basically non-existing, since he barely touched them. It’s a pity because that was the part I was really looking forward to. Instead he massaged my arms quite some time, which actually felt nice.

I am also wondering if he was completely blind or just not seeing to well. From his appearance he seemed really blind to me, but something weird happened after he told me to turn around on my back. I did so under the towel but then he pulled the towel down so my boobs were fully exposed. He didn’t pull the towel at my feet not knowing that it might be too short for my whole body... he pulled it down only at the upper part right under my boobs. I’m still not sure if it was by accident but I wanted to give him the benefit if the doubt. However, during the last part he asked me to sit up to do something on my back. While he was doing my left side I was still holding up the towel but I let it go during the right side, because I thought I’m not supposed to have cramped shoulders while he is doing that technique and he was sitting behind me anyway. But when the towel slipped he moved his head over my shoulder to look at my front. I didn’t feel very comfortable over the whole massage.

The two girls before me came out of the rooms very satisfied and happy and they insisted on tipping their massage therapists on top of the price paid. One of them must have had the same guy as me and I’m puzzled about that. Maybe it was a hit for them and a miss for me...

1  Thank JanineKo
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2018

When we were in Phnom Penh, we enjoyed massage every day. We found the location (#182 Eo, St. 13, Sangkat Chey Chumnes, Khan Daun Penh, Preah Ang Eng St. (13), Phnom Penh ---- its on the same street as Friends restaurant) to be the best. My husband and I were massaged alone - unlike the location near post office where there is a large room where a lot of people get massages and the therapists are chatting, so you can't really relax.
Here, the therapists are friendly, especially the girl that did my massages, but the massage is very firm and sometimes even painful, but it was exactly what my knotted back needed.

1  Thank Erykahh