“Good value for money ”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Golden Noura for 4 nights in July 2017 with 5 others. I shared a twin room on the first floor. Our room was a fairly good size with two double beds and a good sized wardrobe to hang our clothes. The room also had air con, a fridge and t.v. The air con was included in the price and was pretty good, we also had a fan. We didn't use the fridge or t.v. The bathroom was a good size, with a large shower. The only downside was that the room had no natural light as the window opened up onto the hallway but this did mean it was very quiet. The room, although basic was clean and comfortable. The balcony at the end of the hallway looks onto the main street and was a nice place to sit in the evening. We had breakfast in the restaurant every morning and again it was good value and plenty of choice. The staff at the Golden Noura were very helpful throughout our stay, we arrived fairly late at night (people tend to go to bed early in Cambodia so the restaurant was usually closed by 10pm). The young guy behind reception and another member of staff carried all of our bags up to our rooms (including 3rd floor) and these bags were heavy! We were travelling onto Siem Reap after our stay in Phnom Penh and David organised for a mini bus to take us to the Giant Ibis stop. We flew back from Phnom Penh and as our flight wasn't until late at night we booked a room for a few hours so we could shower. Again all the staff were very welcoming and David organised a mini bus to take us to the airport and everyone carried in our luggage. We found this to be a great budget guesthouse within walking distance from the National Museum and the Royal Palace plus 5 minutes walk away from the riverside.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We had been in Phnom Penh for 3 nights and needed to stay a bit longer due to a tummy bug, our first hotel had no availability so we booked 2 nights in Golden Noura so we could actually go sight seeing. We had a standard room and it was really comfortable, large with good AC, tv with English speaking channels, good wifi. The staff at the front desk were so helpful in sorting out our onward bus and we even stayed an extra night at the hotel to do a bit more sight seeing. Fantastic location and good price.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Visited this restaurant with my wife after finding the Riverside eateries a bit pricey for our budget. The restaurant appeared clean and the guy outsaide spoke english well enough to welcome and seat us.
Ordered the tom yum fried rice and my wife ordered the fried noodles with vegetables.
I got tom yum soup and plain rice instead but decided not to make a fuss as I quite like tom yum soup. This was however, the worst food I've had in 4 months across Asia.
The soup was bland, which is difficult for tom yum and was quite clearly some fresh ginger, onion and lemongrass chucked into a packet tom yum paste with clearly tinned mushrooms. All it tasted of was canned mushrooms. I informed the waitress and was informed that I'd have to pay for the dish despite having only eaten 2-3 mouthfuls of soup. I called the manager who asked why the soup was bad. I explained and she too informed me that I would have to pay for the dish. The manager was coincidentally the person who took our order and when challenged on the fact that I did in fact ask for fried rice with tom yum she agreed that this was true. Regardless I'd have to pay.
A very disappointing restaurant with bad food and rude staff.
I only wish I'd checked TripAdvisor first as its clear I'm not the first unsatisfied customer.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Come back here after 3 years, bcoz of his location. Arrived 2-3pm and wish to visit Royal Palace and Silver Pagoda before 5pm. Missed this 2 attraction during last visited due to demonstrate. Once enter, found that guesthouse are different, room also not same. Night, when drinks with friend beside guesthouse (RS Guesthouse), found out that, this guesthouse are the original Golden Noura, the room picture show the same too.

We book 3 room during this tour, double room condition not sure. Triple room locate at 1/2 floor, no window, bathroom sanitary outlet no very good, bathroom shelf are broken, shampoo and towels only for 2ppl, only 1 chair without other furniture (old one got sofa set). Aircond in strong condition, big clean room and bathroom, bed are ok, more than enough hangers, etc...

1  Thank hckok77
Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

Golden Noura - Phnom Phen So, yes we had to walk up 5 flights of stairs but the room was awesome. It was clean, the wifi was great, it has a fridge and the bed was decent! The hotel has rooms away from the street so the noise is not a factor here. Don't stay here if you have trouble with stairs but do if you're looking for a clean place in a good location.