“Super friendly and very helpful”

Golden Noura Villa Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #826 of 1,747 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: Cambodian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We couldn't visit the Golden Nuora due to delayed transport problems but the staff was very friendly and cancelled it on 18:00 still for free. Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2014

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This little restaurant and hotel is sitting right in the centre of PP. Everything is just a short walk and there a re awesome and cheap restaurants around. You can easily explore PP on foot. The rooms were clean, not too small and the bathroom was pretty bid aswell. We had hot water, an aircon, a comfortable bed and a nice stay. The only thing to criticize would be that there's no lift. But that's it. Pretty good value for the cheap price !

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I moved here from another hostel to be more in the centre of the city, that was a good move...there are many great/cheap local food and coffee places just a few steps away. This hotel is also walking distance to the Tonle Sap River, Royal Palace, Wat Phnom temple and a few other must-see sights. The hotel itself is pretty average, we had a private room which had the main necessities...fridge, tv, bathroom, bed which was good enough for us, there is a restaurant/ bar out the front so a nice little area to sit and read but the food on the menu was more expensive then we were willing to pay. Good for the location, price was okay, staff were friendly, rooms were decent. All in all an average stay.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Golden Noura Hotel

We got a double room for 2 nights for 18$ per night. First night we had to change room when we felt the bed not having a proper matress. You felt the springs right to your body, very uncomfy.

The new room we got was not as good but pretty Similar. No compensation or not even a "we're sorry" for having to move all our stuff in the middle of the night when we both were exhausted after a long travel.
Second day we ordered breakfast to our room. We left the left overs and plates/glasses just outside our room for Them to get it, They never did... I wanted to see how long it would take before they took care of it but it wasnt until last day ( we stayed one more night, more of that later) when we asked Them to.
Everytime we met their night shift guy he asked if we wanted to stay longer, quite annoying after a while.
Finally we decided to take one more night when he offered it for 12$.
At our checkout they wanted 18$ for every night. They called Mr Night Shift and put us on phone with him. He then lied and said it never was 12$.
After a tough discussion we got it for 12, left the place and had our breakfast on Rorys pub, an Irish place just next door with very friendly and helpful staff. I
I could write more minuses about Noura, but I think u already get that it is not worth the money. U can get a LOT better rooms and service for the bucks.

1  Thank Jonatan B
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I think for the price and location you can't beat it.
I found the staff friendly and helpful when I asked. Not at anytime was I asked to buy any trips. Each morning you put a sign outside your door to say if you want your room cleaned or not. The beds are comfortable. The whole place is clean. Excellent wifi and tv channels.
The food is good and there is a wide range of choice. It is no road noise or music from bars. When you step out, turn left and you can see the river front. Look straight ahead and you can see the Royal Palace wall and look right there is the National Museum.
This is my second time staying here and I recommend it.

Date of visit: April 2014