All reviews rooftop restaurant manhattan room casablanca suite boutique hotel the river small kitchenette tuk tuk central market central phnom penh stayed nights few minutes walk top floor apartment bedroom pp street cambodia
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We stayed at la Maison d'Ambre only for the one night...but wish we had stayed much longer. Great rooms...very spacious. The rooftop bar is a nice place to visit for a drink and snacks! Fridge and balcony were very useful.

Room Tip: Only 10 suites...we had the african themed suite which was outstanding!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank mguay1958
Reviewed 5 August 2017

My wife had stayed at La Maison d'Ambre before on NGO business but this was my first time and it proved to be everything I'd been told. We had the Arab-themed Casablanca suite, which was large, airy, clean and well appointed ... and very blue. It's half a lifetime since we were in North Africa, but we were instantly transported back by the incandescent decor, tiled floors, the giant bedroom and the enormous raised bathtub, complete with bathe-and-rinse flexible shower hose. We didn't use the kitchenette because we spent almost every spare moment we were at the hotel - between lots of sightseeing - in the rooftop bar/restaurant. Being out of season (i.e. late June) meant we were often the only guests there for breakfast, cocktails and, on two evenings, dinner/tapas. One of our real highlights in Cambodia was sitting at a corner table sipping barman Song's excellent cocktails and observing the street life down below at the junction of 110 and 19 Streets as dusk fell and and the evening came alive. La Maison d"Ambre is not five star, but you're not paying five star prices. You're paying for a very comfortable hotel in central Phnom Penh, lifted above its competitors by its hip and stylish decor, its charm, a great rooftop bar/restaurant and some of the friendliest and most helpful staff you'll find anywhere in the world. My wife may return later this year and I'm so envious!

Room Tip: There are ten rooms, each with a different theme; go for it!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
dcopHongkong, Owner at La Maison d'Ambre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear David,

On behalf of all the staff from La Maison D Ambre I would like to thank you for your kind review and support to them.
As you mentioned it, our hotel is a bit different than a traditional places you can find in Phnom Penh. We pay very high attention to servicing our client.
We will be very happy to welcome your wife at the end of the year again at the hotel.

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Few nights got a upgrade to a 2bed room wedding suite which was huge. Other nights my regular room even had a large sized Living room and full kitchen. Which means I could really sprawl out. Was working on my laptop/papers in the living room with one couch for office mode and one couch for break time. Each room has a different theme running. The Hotel staff very friendly and helpful in finding whatever I was looking for the day. Close to central market, Riverside and palace attractions. Full size fridges and fully equipped kitchen. Roof top bar has a nice view and enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. Little Gem of a boutique hotel

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear John,

Our number of rooms is limited to 10 to preserve your privacy and, as you mentioned in your review, a particular attention is paid to service and decoration.

We look forward to welcome again very soon.

Thanks and best regards

Reviewed 1 May 2017

It is like staying in an apartment, I can't remember the name of the room we were in as they are all themed. Ours had a kitchenette which was fully equipped, massive lounge & bedroom the same. We only had breakfast here one morning which is located on the roof and nothing to rave about, basic really. The bar/restaurant area is like walking onto an Austin Powers movie set, hilarious. We did have drinks in the evening here & was not bad, views of the City. As I said we were pleasantly surprised considering it is in Phnom Penh as not huge fans of this City.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
dcopHongkong, Manager at La Maison d'Ambre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2017

Dear guest,

Dear guest

On behalf of all the staff from La Maison D Ambre I would like to thank you for your kind review. Indeed our hotel is a bit different than a traditional places you can find in Phnom Penh. Our number of rooms is limited to 10 to preserve your privacy and, as you mentioned in your review, a particular attention is paid to decoration.

We look forward to welcome again very soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We traveled here with our family of 4 (girls 9 and 11), and were leery of such a good price for a '2 bedroom suite' when other places were so much more expensive. But we were VERY surprised with La Maison. The 'suite' is a huge full apartment. It is very clean and well decorated, great amenities. (AC worked fine, great showers/nice tub, equipped kitchen and full fridge/microwave). The location is walking distance to a couple markets (10 minutes either direction), a temple, and the palace (set 20-30 minutes), or tuk tuks are cheap. We also LOVED the restaurant upstairs - chef was really great and creative and the view was wonderful. And the lobby had a wide range of DVDs to borrow when we needed down time.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!