All reviews russian market quiet street top floor swimming pool flower petals small hotel tuk tuk an oasis peace and quiet air con other hotels every morning central market balcony cambodia pp plunge
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I had expected the higher up rooms, but was given the ground floor # 3 room, (12X12ft ) which was surrounded by walls it had patio doors but no balcony. I felt shut-up in the room. Otherwise everything else no complaints. There is a super market opening up shortly at the end of the street (under completion).
$2 tuk tuk to the Russian Market and the Central Market. The Russian Market has useless stuff looks like old clothes. But the Central Market had more choice especially the silver jewellery not cheap but had quality. They have manicure pedicure for 4$.
There is a little market on the next street parallel to the Hotel, where you could spend some time around.

When you exit the hotel, a little to your left there is a tuk-tuk driver who smiles and agrees to a set fare. He does not seem to know the streets of the city well. He expects us ( the tourist ) to know and tell him. He does not have his cell he expects us (tourist who may not have a Cambodian sim card) to call and find out the route. He gets frustrated and then is rude and a complainer and asks for more $$. Therefore please try to take care of yourself.

The Bed was comfortable. No toiletries provided. Only hand wash shampoo. Towels outdated and is not white like other hotels. The breakfast was good, but it would be nice to add some fruit to the egg plate. The pool was nice. Employees very nice.
The owner takes very good care of the property. He is very pleasant and takes care of the guests needs promptly. A very nice person.

I do recommend this Hotel. Quite Nice.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper floors
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I stayed at Little Garden Boutique Hotel for 17 nights in January 2018.

1. I initially saw a reference to them on FaceBook, accessed their web page and liked what I saw. I am quite familiar with Phnom Penh and this looked like a good, new option for me.

2. I communicated with them via email rather than through their web site or one of the internet booking sites. I had no trouble at all with emails back and forth. I made my bookings via email and was told that I could pay when I arrived. This was good for me as there was a slight possibility of canceling the trip and I did not want the hassle of using a credit card. They tended my booking quite well, as I got an email the day before my arrival saying they looked forward to seeing me.

3. I failed to note the PROMOTIONS page on their web site which indicates “You stay 5 Night, get 1 Night free”. For me that would have meant 3 free nights. As I say, I failed to note this and did not get offered the promotional rate when communicating by email. I thought it was a bit unreasonable that management did not offer me the promotional rate when I brought it to their attention during my stay. Said it had to be done through the web site to get the promotional rate. It is a good deal as that turns out to be a 20% discount. My bad!!!! Next time I will know.

4. I stayed in room #3, ground floor, rear which is referred to on the web site as STANDARD WITH WINDOW. Cost on the web site noted at $25 per night. Even without the promotional discount, it is probably the least expensive room in all of this area of Phnom Penh for a decent hotel with full breakfast and pool. It was perfect for me as I have some minor mobility issues and thus did not have to regularly climb the stairs to the upper two floors.

5. The 2 floor-to-ceiling “windows” referred to in the room’s description both look out to walls/fences about a meter away. In my travels I have found such to be normal in urban hotels with close neighbors for the least expensive rooms. In this case, it was not at all a problem for me as managements has filled up the space between the windows and the walls/fences with large, tall green potted plants, so I did not at all have a claustrophobic feeling of being closed in. I recommended to management that they improve upon this effort by adding more plants.

6. During my stay, I interacted with upwards to 10 staff persons and the owner. In no case did I have any problems or negatives at all. The alternating front desk staff, the cleaning staff, the owner himself – all were friendly, helpful, courteous, and quite professional in carrying out their respective roles. The overall “family” feel amongst the staff was very evident and a big plus in the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh. As an aside here, I would say that this is the general feeling I get in Phnom Penh every time I visit.

7. Upon my arrival it was noticed that the past occupant of the room seemed to have departed with the key to the room safe. I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk and within a couple of hours, the safe was removed, taken away, and brought back with the offending key mechanism removed and replaced with a new one -- including, of course, a new key. I have to say here that I did not have a feeling throughout my stay that I needed to be concerned with keeping my valuables in the safe. Although you can never be sure in any hotel, the Little Garden staff seemed to be concerned for my safety and well-being and not concerned with accessing my valuables.

8. Of note were the inclusive breakfasts every morning. There were about a dozen or so choices of various types of egg preparations, crepes and French toast with coffee and juice. It was really a great way to start the day. Breakfast (and other meals) was served alongside the swimming pool which was kept sparklingly clean. In fact, the cleanliness of the entire place was of particular note.

9. There is a bit of construction along the road that the hotel obviously can do nothing about. It was not real obtrusive, just evidently there as one awoke in the morning.

Finally: highly recommended.

Room Tip: 3 ground floor room == no stairs
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We were warmly welcomed by front staff after emailing about our booking. The hotel is funky but stylish. Our room is spacious and the separate shower in the bathroom is lovely.
The rooms are clean and very comfortable bed.
We met the owner in the evening and he gave us some good advice about staying safe out on the streets. The hotel is walking distance to Tuol Sleng a must see as this ranks w the holocaust in proportion to the numbers that were senselessly killed in the 70’s.
There are bicycles and motorbikes to rent on site and a pool and bar.
Breakfast made to order.
Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Located on a quiet street, the hotel is a great place to escape the madness of PP. we loved the swimming pool. Philip, the owner, was very helpful, and the staff were very friendly. There's a good BBQ restaurant about a five-minute walk away.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely looking hotel, quite small and quirky, much more personality than you get at some other hotels.

Comfy bed, decent wifi and air con. Little pool at the front. Off the main road so nice and quiet.

Friendly manager who arranged for our breakfast to be packed up for us as we had to leave early in the morning.

Would recommend.