“Not what I expected”
Review of Paradiso Spa - CLOSED

Paradiso Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Cosily and intimately arranged around the pool, five individual wooden spa cabins await our guests. Well-trained therapists will prepare and offer you a customized program. Raw and natural material such as pure aloe vera, cucumber, yogurt, honey, turmeric and mango are used. Our spa menu (available on our homepage) ranges from traditional Khmer massage to international beauty treatments and wellness packages. Outside guests are welcome to use all our spa facilities (WIFI, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Pool) along with any treatment during that day. We invite you to familiarize yourself with our spa menu, packages, cancellation policy and recommend you to book your treatment in advance. The Paradiso Spa opening hours are from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm.
Reviewed 4 November 2016

The facilities are nice but the service needs work. I booked a 75 minute head/neck/shoulder massage online and got a confirmation email. When I showed up, they didn't have my appointment and said they don't do 75 minute massages, only 60 minute. I said I wanted lots of pressure because I'm used to deep tissue massages and therapists who find all the knots in my muscles and work them out. This massage was lots of pressure, but in all the wrong ways. I hoped it would get better after my muscles warmed up, but it didn't. Eventually I asked for lighter pressure but still ended up with bruises on my back and it hurt to lie down for two days. The massage was also more of a full body massage, with limited attention paid to my shoulders and barely any to the neck and head. The post-massage fruit and tea by the pool were nice, but I probably won't be back.

2  Thank ShannonC2273
liamnoreen, General Manager at Paradiso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2016

Dear Shannon C,

Thank you for your comment, We feel sorry that we did not meet your expectations.
Indeed we do not propose 75mn massage but this will need to be explained more clearly by our receptionist.

We are glad you loved our oasis and the post-massage, we always looking to serve our guest with the best service.

The Villa Paradiso Spa.

Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We went here for a two and a half hour relaxing body pamper called the The Kampuchea $52 each which included sauna, salt scrub, massage and jacuzzi. Everyone was very welcoming when we arrived and even storing our luggage for us as we were going to another hotel after. We arrived early and got to use the pool as well.
The staff were very warm, friendly, and professional. The place itself was clean, tidy, and beautiful. The cold drink on arrival and the fresh fruit and green tea after added to a wonderful and relaxing experience Would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 15 September 2016

I just completed a Paradiso Package and it was heavenly relaxing and i don't want to leave out towards the chaotic streets of Phnom Penh. The therapist was very skilled and focused on my tension areas. The room lovely scented with lemograss with nice background music gave me the right mood.
Will be back tomorrow...

Reviewed 22 August 2016

After the sightseeing i was rejuvenated by the Spa girls who did an excellent job. I went daily for a treatment after the visits and i can only share my appreciation for their skills. I went to many massages but this one was definitely one of the best. Apart the setting and the fruits, tea and the hot stone after the treatment just rounded it up.
Will be back next time definitely should I visit PP again.!

1  Thank Bruno T
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

I cannot understand why it ranks as the no. 2 spa in PP on trip advisor. The price is acceptable provided that it allows you to use the pool, Jacuzzi and sauna. However, upon arrival we were greeted by a westerner who looks so excited that we seemed to be his first customer of the day. We did our massage and wanted to use the spa facilities which was stated on their website that it's complimentary. However, nothing was ready except the pool. So we asked the staff and a girl heat up the sauna while a guy prepared the Jacuzzi for us. After we spent some time in the pool and Jacuzzi we headed to the sauna but it was turned off. I saw the girl walking in and out so she must have turned it off when she saw us using the Jacuzzi.
I understand the concept of energy saving but if you have a guest out there, shouldn't all facilities be ready to go?
Service was bad and staff has little or no smile. I felt like they just want to kick you out after your massage because there might be low occupancy so they don't want you to use the other facilities.

liamnoreen, Directeur général at Paradiso Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

It seems like Cambodia did not match your expectation, as all you reviews regarding Cambodia were far from being positive. We try our best to please our customers but unfortunately sometimes we are obviously not successful.
We hope you enjoyed your massage and we are happy that you enjoyed our facilities in general.
I would just add two things, the western person "excited" was me and I think you confused excitement with politeness, the second term is more appropriate but obviously we have definitively a different perception of things.
The second thing regarding the sauna: We switch it on half an hour before the guest intends to use it and do not keep it running the whole day.
Our policy is to treat all guests, independent of the occupancy, with an excellent service. You might have been our first guest for the spa but you where not the only one.
It is far from our benefit to “kick you out” as you say and more in our interest to let you enjoy the facilities as long as you like.

We wish you a better day.