Lowest prices for your stay
US$108
Free cancellation until 11/02/23
TravelocityUS$108
Orbitz.comUS$108
Agoda.comUS$127
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 April 2019

Generally good setting and classy design with great details given to homeliness. Very comfortable and the breakfast was well spread and left a good impression. Staff at the breakfast area were also very professional. But in terms of price I think is a little steep.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank lohec67
Reviewed 29 March 2019

I went to Brunei for a meeting with government staffs. They reserved this hotel for us so at least it should have a good recognition. The room is fine for me, lot of space and clean. Newspaper was hanging on the door every morning. The breakfast was included with various kind of food. Front desk staffs were nice and willing to help.

Hotel is located in the same building with the mall so customers were able to walk in that mall when they have free time. Brunei is a small country so the mall is not as big or sophisticate as in other countries in SE Asia but there are a lot of goods for everybody. Night market is a walking distance from the hotel. Interesting to see daily life of locals.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2019

I stayed for 3 nights and then a further one night on my way back from Australia. Requests prior to my stay were a bit hit and miss but upon arriving the front desk were very professional and did everything they were supposed to do.

The hotel is situated in the district of Gadung within walking distance of the night market. Also the hotel is situated within a shopping mall. Not your average Western mall, so don't be expecting Western designer labels. But a very pleasant walk around on quite a few occasions with a nice food court. If you want a more 'Costa Coffee experience, then try the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.

The rooms were nice but the bed was so hard and for me uncomfortable. Surely for a hotel of this tanding memory foam mattresses or a mattress topper could have been provided. Same with the pillows - no pillow menu here. On our second visit I requested a more comfortable bed but seems they are all the same. My partner said it was ok though. So if you like a very firm hard bed this will suit you. Towels a bit threadbare and really could do with upgrading to bath sheets. Tea, coffee etc., was provided along with two bottles of water replaced every day.

The restaurant where we had breakfast was ok. Croissants and the usual danish pastries and toast with various jams. Yoghurts, fruit juices, tea and coffee. A selection of noodles with fish etc. Plus scrambled eggs and some kind of beef sausages. Not my favourite breakfast on my travels but it was ok.

This hotel does have a nice outdoor swimming pool but there are no sun loungers or comfortable chairs. There were metal bistro type chairs but nothing you could sun bathe on. I just think that this is not encouraged there.

On the whole the hotel is very clean. It is used by visiting overseas dignatories as we experienced during our stay. I believe the Brunei Royal family often visit the hotel.

We arranged a day tour of Brunei through the hotel which was very good. We also arranged pickups from the airport with them. Unfortunately, our pick up to the airport had not been arranged despite me confirming with the front desk earlier in the day. However, a normal taxi was quickly organised a lot cheaper so all was well. Airport about 15 mins away.

The WIFI is a bit hit and miss. I wouldn't have liked to used it for work but the odd things I needed it for were fine.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again but only because I know there is another hotel with a beach which I believe would suit our needs better for the future.

Room tip: 7th floor - you pay extra for it has a premium lounge with snacks and drinks
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 23 December 2018 via mobile

Stayed for three nites n was almost frozen. The air conditioner could not be adjusted. Nevertheless, it was a good place to stay n convenient too. The room was well cleaned n bed comfortable.

As I had stayed here many times, This time round, i did notice negative differences in the staff. They need more training to be customer centric. I asked for a change of hair dryer n it was never done even after reminders. At breakfast, they were slow in topping up the empty dishes, etc. Sad to notice this change in attitude.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 December 2018 via mobile

This was my second trip to Brunei and my first time staying at Rizqun (I stayed at Centrepoint previously). It’s an old hotel but it’s decent% the rooms are huge, breakfast is decent, hotel staff is friendly. It’s very conveniently located. It’s connected to a mall (don’t expect anything much from the mall tho) and it’s walking distance to the Gadong market (don’t expect anything much either). Overall a decent hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018