“Fun to do occasionally ”
Review of Magnum Cafe

Magnum Cafe
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

I took my two young daughters to the Magnum cafe. We had never been to one before. You go through the process of selecting flavor, chocolate coating, toppings and drizzle. My daughters were so excited by the process and fun of it all. They really enjoyed it. It can be quite messy when eating but they have a sink available to wash face and hands. It was $5 for an ice block so a little expensive but it is not something you would do regularly. The ice blocks were very rich. We had a good time!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

We were going past the Magnum Café on a Sunday afternoon. On a punt we decided to go inside, not knowing what to expect. Most likely the place was buzzing when it first opened. On this particular day, the place was practically empty – only one other table with four customers.

Behind the counter sat one “food preparer” and the cashier. There was no greeting/ acknowledgement from the staff. We sat down, no-one came to assist us, so I got up to get the menu, which was next to the cashier, who was busy looking at receipts and completely ignored me. I guess that there is no table service here.

I could not interpret the menu, which had pictures of magnum ice-creams with various toppings on them. No explanation of how it worked. No staff had come to assist us or even look in our direction. The prices were bold - $5 for a magnum with some “sprinkles”.

We got up and left. Again no communication from the staff.

Will not be returning. Totally poor attitude.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

Actually no, it stands for various meanings. Point is, it caught your attention, so that's good.

Believe you me, the world's tectonic plates didn't exactly shift when I heard that Magnum was opening in Brunei.

When hundreds were lining up for the opening, I only went to Magnum 2 months after it opened up, because a friend brought me.

But WOW, this place or cafe is unique.

I love the seats, the lighting, the cheeky deco, basically I love the concept.

Service:
It's alright, a few locals, still room for improvement.

Food (savoury):
A tad too 'above average' for me but, but, I recommend the Magnum fries!

Basically delicious almond coated fries slathered with chocolate and served with chilli sauce. I love the chocolate and fries combination! If possible, I'd love it if they can give a small cup of hot chocolate to dip the fries into, like a fondue.

Mac and cheese is my favourite of all the savoury options and probably most worth it compared to the others such as the fish and chips.

Food (ice cream!):
I used to be one of those people who would, "Magnum? Well I can just buy 'em at the grocery store, simple."

But boy was I wrong. The actual Magnum is much, much bigger!

And the toppings are pretty cool, cause it in a way you can counter or tone down the sweetness of the ice cream with toppings such as chilli flakes.

I hope, if Magnum wants to fly to 5/5 then adding more unique toppings or flavours - especially Matcha - will make this possible.

Keep it up and continue with having monthly, limited edition flavours to keep it exciting.