“Good location, but Substandard Facilities ”
Review of Silachi Hotel

Silachi Hotel
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Yerevan
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Initially, I was impressed because I received the room-upgrade I requested for my 2 colleagues; however, it was downhill from there. This was not a business trip, but a leisure trip with colleagues ** (see the Note below for to know more on the upgrade request story).

Positives:
1) Suite is spacious
2) Beds are comfortable (3 single beds as requested)
3) Breakfast was nice/ food tasted fresh (except for the French fries on the last morning)

Negatives:
1) Bathroom was below standard for a 3* Suite
-- The WC seat was small and lop-sided
-- The showerhead kept falling off so we had to hold the showerhead in one hand in order to shower, which caused the floor to get wet
--Towel rail kept falling off
2) "Lost and Found" facility was disappointing (summary below):
-- After checking out at 9:30am, we came back to the hotel 6 hours later to retrieve a toiletries-pouch which we suddenly remembered had been left behind in the suite. The hotel staff returned the pouch, but the small shampoo, conditioner and shower gel which we brought from Dubai was missing from the pouch (hotel staff said they "threw it out, sorry").
Bonus point: The room was not carpeted properly - it was uneven/ lumpy in some places - so that was weird, but bearable.

**Note: This hotel was recommended to me via a tour package I purchased at Dubai - and since my tour agent was taking too long to response, I requested another customer service agency if I could get an upgrade from the Standard Triple Room to a Suite because I was on a "company vacation" with 2 colleagues (1 manager).
Another bonus point: There was an internal disagreement between the hotel and my customer service agency, and the hotel dealt with me and my colleagues quite unprofessionally about it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Well during my first stay at Yerevan, an Armenian friend booked Silachi hotel for us for 2 weeks, so we moved to several rooms in the hotel, fortunately all rooms were good and some were even bigger, breakfast was good and rooms were somehow clean. From the hotel you can go to the center just by walking and a shopping mall is in front of the hotel on the other side of street. All together was a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2017

The hotel is close to the center of the city and the Republic Square (10 min. walk). It's calm and clean. Rooms have free safe-box, and are clean. Of course our bathroom door didn't latch and lock! But it wasn't problem for us. Also the free WiFi is good and it will work in rooms. With easy access to exchange office on the other side of the street, and a small supermarket near it, it's a good hotel to stay while you're in Yerevan.

Room Tip: close to city center
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Hotel located near city center, but I didn't like it. My room was in old building. Barmen working with receptionist. When he had the free time, he was in reception. And if you will have the guest, you should pay for him/her.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 20 July 2017

When we checked in we were given a room in the old wing of the hotel, it was incredibly small, we had to store our suitcases on the fridge to be able to move around the room. It was incredibly noisy from the traffic being situated on a main road, The room was very old, dated and shabby, some items in the bathroom didn't work. After complaining to the good reception staff we were moved to a room in the new wing, there was no comparison, this room was spacious, clean, new, quiet, and luxurious. The restaurant is like a factory canteen, very basic and cheerless, food selection is not great but OK. Overall the hotel is clean. Walking distance to the city centre 10 to 15 minutes. We would stop there again but only in the new wing of the hotel.

Room Tip: Only book a room in the New Wing
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends