“Budget big eats and drinks”
Review of Far East Rock Cafe

Far East Rock Cafe
Ranked #64 of 690 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Price range: US$39,000 - US$549,000
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 April 2016

This remarkable 2-storey eating and drinking place for the masses serves big portions of Russian-style and other Western food at remarkably low prices. Very popular with Russian masses in Nha Trang. Plenty of staff for rapid service. Upstairs is air conditioned too. Plug ins for chargers at certain tables. Welsh-owned and run.

Reviewed 23 April 2016 via mobile

Big portions of crap food.

I don't know how you can get fried rice wrong but they can. Very very stodgy and tasteless.
My yellow curry tasted very strongly of curry powder and that was it..
Another huge portion if that's your thing.

Water was nice.

1  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

We left disgusted. No staff would engage with us. The drinks tasted like fire water. When we asked how long our pizza would be we where ignored. Twice. When I then went to talk to the staff about getting it take away they again ignored me so I followed them into the kitchen to ask and was shooed away. We then paid for our drinks (the worst cocktail I've ever had in my life) and walked out in disgust with not one staff member talking to us. 2 minutes later the Russian owner speed up to us on his bike in the street accusing us of not paying and giving us a lot of grief (great costumer service buddy!). We told him we paid for our drinks and where so disgusted in the service that we left. He went back and forth with us, treating us badly until we told him to bugger off and start training his staff in good service. He quietly said sorry and then scooted off. Avoid this place at all costs. This guy doesn't deserve to be in business.

Reviewed 17 April 2016

This is a family friendly restaurant that is a good choice for a relaxing evening .
It is decorated like a poor mans version of the Hard Rock Cafe .
The music they play is from the Seventies and eighties mainly and is not too loud so no problem having a conversation.
Had dinner,lunch,breakfast many times here and overall I would rate the taste as 7 out of 10. Quality and amount of food is good and they have some Russian dishes I tried that were good .Never had Russian food before so can't say how good but this place is full of Russians and they were eating a lot and in many cases ordering more food than they could eat and got doggy bags to take home .So the food here is not too bad .
People have said that the girls don't smile but they are kept busy all the time and can't be socializing with customers .When they are not serving tables they are cleaning every inch of the restaurant.The floor was mopped 5 times when I had dinner and the washroom is so clean you could eat off the floor no joke .This is a restaurant Howard Hughes would be comfortable in.All in all a good choice for a place to hang out and the best part is that it is cheap .You get a lot of food for the money and large bottles of Tiger are only 22,000 vnd .Only thing I would suggest is that for breakfast they cook the bacon and potatoes more .

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We liked the look of this place from the outside as it had an upstairs eating area. We walked in and where not smiled at or even acknowledged when we walked in. We finally ordered a beer and a tequila sunrise (which tasted so bad - and believe me I can drink bad drinks when push comes to shove! - tasted like fire water, and a pizza. The beer came out quick and was cold. We had to ask the very rude staff about where my drink was and it finally came with no apologies. We felt the place was really cramped and the service staff rude and even arguing with each other. Are pizza was taking ages so I asked a staff member about it who was going past, and he ignored me. I asked him again and was again ignored. I then followed him to the door of the kitchen where I was again ignored. I then walked into the kitchen and asked him to have the pizza as take away as we werent happy. He sushed me away. So i went and sat back down. After 5 minutes longer my partner and I paid for our drinks, left the money on the table and walked out. Not one staff member even looked at us. A few minutes later when we where down the road ordering a pizza from a lovely man, a scooter with the russian owner pulled up beside us, telling is in a very rude and accusatory manner that we hadnt paid for our pizza. He was SO RUDE to us and we firmly told him his staff where so rude and his drinks so bad that we left. We also told him that none of his staff would acknowledge us. He went back and forth with us a bit on the street, then finally softly said 'sorry' and scooted away. What a terrible way for an owner to act. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE, ITS SO TERRIBLE.