“Very good, but a bit pricy?”

Tropical Garden Restaurant
Ranked #67 of 435 Restaurants in Hue
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Exclusive menu, exclusive building, exclusive dining, with a very good selection of wine. I liked it a lot, but given a bit high end prices, it will not get 5 stars from me.

1  Thank Anders K

Reviewed 5 May 2018

Good service with indoor and outdoor seating. caters for large groups so worth avoiding if you want something more intimate

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for the tour meal provided. It was excelent was a set menu pic below and I loved it. Not so much the honey sauce but everything was fresh and light. Never had aubergine as always a bit dubious but it was amazing loved it well done the tour provider for selecting it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Finally we had a lousy meal in Vietnam. First we drove to #4 restaurant in the city which happened to be a hole in a wall with 3 menues for the whole place, printed on plastic worn so bad that I couldn't read it. So we went to another one nearby. Shi-shi place, menu on 20 pages, "ambiance"...
We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 soups, 2 main courses, 2 drinks.
Angie's Vietnamese coffee came without condensed milk, had to send it back.
Then came 1 appetizer. When we finished it, came Angie's soup and my appetizer.
Than came my soup after A finished hers. The most bland Pho I ever had, I had to request extra spice and soy sauce.
2 main courses came before I even finished my soup. A's was bland even for her bland food lover. Terrible! And they are #66 out of 360 in the city.

1  Thank Serge B
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I am from Hue and love the traditional Hue delicacies. This restaurant has all the street food delicacies on offer plus a great menu to order a traditional Vietnamese dishes to share with the family with steam rice. The setting is classy and relaxing. The service is impeccable and the wine list of Italian, Spanish, French, NZ and Australia is well priced and very adequate. One stop shop for all your Hue food fix.