1,119 results
All reviewsheated toilet seatleading hotels of the worldfree mini barbeautiful hotelpure luxurypillow menuluxury hotelfloor to ceiling windowscorner roomjunior suiteturn down servicepark hyattbeautiful roomriver viewa wonderful stayloved this hotelrooms are spacious
Reviewed 16 July 2018

I very often stay in this hotel during my business trips. As a woman traveller, I love The Reverie because I feel completely secure in this hotel (high security controls). The location is the best if you want to stay downtown or near business area.
The staff is very well-trained and everything runs very smoothly (except the airport transfer, somehow it has always been complicated so I now take taxi from airport). The reception staff is helpful and always seems to recognize the returning clients, thus you always get a nice room.
Although the decoration of the hotel is not my taste at all, I have to admit that every object taken separately is of best quality.
The rooms are very cosy, the beds are the most confortable ever!!! The amenities are great, I love the thick towels and the bathroom in general, especially the heated toilet! It's nice to have a free of charge mini-bar and yummy chocolate + fruits, especially after a tiring day in the city.
Breakfast buffet is of good size and quality of food. Italian restaurant is very good, the Chef is friendly and passionate about Italian food, he has good recommendations outside of the menu.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have panoramic views of the city and river
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Christina-Vonwrede, Hotel Manager at The Reverie Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear dtl806, thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments. It is a pleasure to read such an encouraging review from you. We are glad to know you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that all the hotel facilities as well as the service met your requirements. Your review is an inspiration for us to continue striving to deliver exceptional service, and to create an unforgettable experience for all our guests. Once again, thank you for endorsing us, and we hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Reverie Saigon soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Very great stay at Reverie. The room was beautiful, I stayed in the room with the panorama view of the city and river and felt like a princess — the view, the separate bath tub, the pillow menu, wow. A little too big for one person but it was worth the splurge.

The only complaint I have is that one of my mornings was ruined at the gym when the hotel let in some random people who were clearly not paying patrons. These people brought in video cameras and a model for what looked like a low budget production (probably for instagram), they all spoke very loudly and while I was stretching they sprayed a lot of aerosol hairspray onto the girl’s hair right next to me and I inhaled it. I had to leave the gym and cut my workout short. I have never had this situation happen to me ever and cannot imagine a luxury hotel like this accommodating such a request to let a third party film inside a gym while paying patrons are using the facilities, without at least letting us know. I have spoken to staff about this but nobody took me seriously. I’m hoping this review will help you so that another customer is not inconvenienced by a situation like this.

Aside from the gym incident, everything else at the hotel was perfect.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear velvetslippers, thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind and detailed comments. It is a pleasure to read such an encouraging review from you. We are glad to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and that all from the room, view, as well as the pillow menu satisfied you. Your review is truly an inspiration for us to continue striving to deliver exceptional service and to create an unforgettable experience for all our guests. Additionally, I regret to know your experience at our Fitness Center did not fully meet your expectations. I will pass your comments on to the team for review and improvement. Once again we thank you, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Feedback like yours helps us to improve the service and products we deliver, bringing us closer to where we want to be, and we do hope this incident will not deter you from staying at The Reverie Saigon in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Came back to my hometown and spent 9 nights at this hotel. The hotel is centrally located in the downtown areas with easy access to a lot of restaurants and stores. It is a large and beautifully decorated- some pieces might be a bit flashy but nothing tasteless- in my opinion. Love love all the beautiful fresh flower arrangements throughout the hotel lobbies and restaurants. I especially enjoyed listening music from the three talented pianists, such talents they have- especially the young lady. Breakfast buffet is nice, emphasis more for European clientele than Asians. There are hot plates you can order and the menu offers about 4 or 5 Vietnamese dishes. For me personally, because I travel a lot, the buffet is good but nothing out of the ordinary. The selections are the exact same daily so probably after three times eating there should be sufficient. Customer service is impressive. A lot of staff do go out of their way to please you with the ask and you shall receive attitude.

Besides having a beautiful room, comfortable bed, most definite perks I like is the free mini bar, fresh flowers in the room and fresh fruits brought to the room every three days.

Having said all these positive points, you probably wonder why my review is only a 3-star instead of 5-star? When I travel, the room is very important to me. While the room is beautiful, equipped with lots of nice things and perks, due to the humid weather, it is also very damp and comes with a musty odor. I was switched to different room twice, but that dampness and musty odor didn’t go away. I meant you can feel the dampness through the comforter while sleeping on the bed. My asthma actually acted up really bad the first two nights I was there. When I couldn’t take it anymore, I went down to the reception and once again I was offered to switch to a different room. Seriously? Like switching twice already was not enough. I declined this time and asked if they have a dehumidifier instead. The dehumidifier was brought to my room immediately and it fixed the humidity and musty odor several hours later. However, comes with this is ME- not the hotel- having to empty the water container FOUR times daily- I guess I was assigned a job because I asked for it. So, here is my point to this: clearly the hotel knows they have a problem, otherwise they wouldn’t stock the dehumidifier to bring to the room when asked, and also running one at all times in the hallway. Instead of keeping switching customers to a different room like it will actually fix the problem, address the issue, fix it, or have the dehumidifier in each room permanently to correct the problem- AND perhaps have a bigger dehumidifier so customer only have to empty it once a day instead of FOUR times daily like I did- you wouldn’t think spending money and staying at what they claim to be the world leading hotel that I have to do this the entire stay.

I do believe there is a need to recognize a few people that made my stay more enjoyable. Start with the following in the breakfast buffet: Phấn, Ngân Le, Chĩnh, Khoa, Hương Trương, and pastry chef Francesco. Oh how these people put a smile on my face when I came in for breakfast and I thank you for that. Quân, bellboy from the Concierge Team, who opens doors for everyone with the biggest smile on his face, and went out of his way to help me to find a Vietnamese Restaurant on my first night arriving there late. Last but not least, Tuấn from House Keeping who provides nightly turndown service for my room. I just happened to catch this young man on my fourth night and was very impressed with how serious and attentive of the way he handled his job. It is so nice to see a young man who takes his job seriously.

In conclusion, if it wasn’t for the musty odor and dampness in the room, I would have no problem giving this hotel a 5- star. I stayed at the Park Hyatt twice before in Saigon and never had this problem so obviously this is something can be corrected- or at least with a dehumidifier placing in the room. Your claim is the word leading hotel, this problem has to be addressed and corrected. I didn’t come to your facility to have an asthma attack every night due to the humidity and dampness in the room and to empty out the water container of the dehumidifier four times a day.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank W3694DLchris
Christina-Vonwrede, General Manager at The Reverie Saigon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear W3694DLchris

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment following your recent visit at The Reverie Saigon. We were most disappointed to read your review. However, please let me reassure you that we are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure the hotel is kept in good condition.

We truly appreciate your feedback and please let me ensure you that your experience at The Reverie Saigon did not truly reflect the service we provide. I am so sorry that this was not the case during your visit.

II have written to you separately and I hope my email fully expresses my sincere apologies and desire to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Reverie Saigon in future.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

It's rare to experience a stay where everything - literally everything - runs just smoothly perfect! From the reception, to concierge, to SPA, to restaurants, to laundry service, ...

The spacious Panorama Deluxe room on the 31st floor was shared with my 2 adult children and gave a splendid view on the river as well as the city centre; the double door to the bathroom was partially in glass but none of us were bothered by it as it didn't really affected our privacy.

The location is just right; despite its perfect location, we ended up eating in the hotel most of the time as the ambience and food quality - especially the bar at level 1 - were fantastic!

The SPA is a must do! Not only did we have an very relaxing massage but the décor and facilities are enjoyable at all levels.

Room Tip: It's an experience in itself to stay there
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear KatrinDS, thank you for your very positive words about your stay at The Reverie Saigon. As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we strive to meet the needs and expectations of our guests. I am delighted to see you appreciated the room and found the Spa service impeccable. Once again, thank you for sharing your positive comments; I will be sure to pass them along to the team in order to inspire them to continue their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at The Reverie Saigon.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We had 5 nights here after a couple at the Rex. We wanted to experience old and new. The Reverie is next level opulence. Every sightline is filled with detail and the service is highly attentive and you really want for nothing. The room was genuinely amazing, full of incredible features and the view was great. The only thing I wouldn’t rate is the reverie lounge, I’m not really sure what they are trying to create here as an experience. I’ve stayed in other places with similar lounges that are more inviting... perhaps they should consider a slightly different approach to serving this area.
I would encourage everyone I know to make this a part of their itinerary. First class experience!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Lisa T, we appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Reverie Saigon. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to present a diverse stay experience for our guests through our unique interior designs, product and our dedication to service. Your feedback is truly an inspiration for us to continue striving to deliver a “WOW” service and to create an unforgettable experience for all our guests. It was indeed a pleasure having you as our guest, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again anytime your travels bring you to Saigon.