Park Hyatt Saigon
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa Song Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$214
Caravelle Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$121
US$114
  • Pool
US$190
US$184
InterContinental
Alagon Saigon Hotel & Spa(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$56
US$48
  • Breakfast included
Rex Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$181
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Majestic Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$151
US$115
Trip.com
  • Pool
Windsor Plaza Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$109
US$81
Agoda.com
Silverland Yen Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$119
US$106
  • Breakfast included
Duc Vuong Hotel(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$39
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Lan Lan Hotel 2(Ho Chi Minh City)
US$41
US$36
2,678 results
All reviewsopera restaurantmartini barlam sonpark loungebeautiful hotelvietnamese restaurantcolonial stylepool arealuxury hotelnice poolbreakfast buffetbusy citythe hustle and bustlecentral locationphothe heart of the citypost office
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2012

What a brilliant hotel. I had to travel to Ho Chi Minh on work this week, unluckily on my birthday, which meant a solo birthday in a foreign city for me. The hotel noticed though. And ten minutes after checking into my room I am greeted by two lovely staff bringing me a birthday cake and singing Happy Birthday. Love it!

My room was wonderful, huge, and a huge bathroom. Fast internet. More amenities than I could ever use, and a great desk space which is important to me as a business traveler.

The hotel restaurant, Opera, on the ground floor has amazing Italian food, the sort of standard I see in high end restaurants of Singapore. The room service food was fantastic too, I ordered Pho Bo which was around US$12.

The only part of my journey that wasn't smooth had nothing to do with the Hyatt, it was the Visa on Arrival. This took around one hour to process, and I hadn't brought US cash so it cost me a little more to use SGD. It was definitely faster than the amount of time needed to get a visa in advance, but after you come off a flight you want to go straight through so I think I will organise in advance next time.

Taxi from the airport is only about 20 mins, and is very safe. Cost is around US$8. There is a lovely group of staff that help to translate to your driver where to go incase you have trouble communicating.

But, back to the Park Hyatt definitely stay here, it's in a great spot, the restaurants are great, the rooms are great, and the service is unbelievable!

Happy travels.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This retains Asian charm and impeccable service with feeling of the grace and space from a different era of hotel design. The food was of general high quality the rooms of reasonable size with every detail thought about. In Vietnam the top hotels, similarary to many other countries of Asia, include broadband but in the room rate but the same chains charge in the West as does Park Hyatt - one of life's little mysteries. Highly recommended as a retreat from the hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2012

After three nights at the Park Hyatt Saigon, I was very impressed. The property is luxurious without being glitzy and comfortable in an understated way.

The Pluses:

1. Service: Check-in, check-out was quick and efficient. By the time I got to my room my bags were already there. When I had question, the front desk was knowledgable and very courteous.

2. Room: The room was amply large with a king bed. The bathroom was perfect. The glassed in tub, shower arrangement worked well for my needs. Towels and toiletries were more than enough and there was a small box with sewing kit, extra tooth brush etc, etc, etc in the closet. The beds were firm, as is to be expected in almost any Asian hotel, but comfortable. I slept like a baby, which is not easy after just crossing 11 times zones.

3. Food: The breakfast buffet was excellent with a large selection of western and Vietnamese food. Fresh fruit and bread of all kinds were available. The dozens of platters were kept full by a large kitchen staff. One small quibble, it seems almost everyone is working on the buffet and ordering ala carte can be a little slow. However, wait staff is very efficient at keeping you supplied with coffee, many kinds of teas and juices.
I ate at Opera, the Italian restaurant, twice for lunch and the pastas were delicious and the servings large.
The front desk was very helpful in finding my family and I good nearby restaurants for dinner.

4. The Spa: It was wonderful. The staff was courteous, efficient and welcoming. The facilities were spotless, beautiful and well maintained. My foot massage was delightful.

5. The Pool: Approximately 4 1/2 feet deep from end to end, the very large swimming pool was perfect. The water was Goldilocks, not too warm, not too cold but just right for a long, leisurely swim. There were ample standing umbrellas and the deck chairs were hard wood with comfortable cloth covered cushions. The pool staff was solicitous without being obtrusive and towels were plentiful. Word of caution: the first step into the pool is only a few inches. The next couple are over 1 foot deep, a fact which is hidden by the distortion of the water. Watch yourself getting in.

In all a wonderful stay was had by me and those I was traveling with.

The minuses: I understand that rooms facing the street can be noisy. Ask in advance for a pool view. It is worth the few extra dollars.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank outsdad
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I spent 4 nights at the hotel on a business trip. It was a really wonderful stay. The hotel has found the right balance of modern and heritage. I especially liked the old-world windows in my room.
The food spread was good and delicious.
The service was very efficient.
The room very comfortable and well equipped.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the main square outside
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The warm welcome of the staff, many of them but all extremely nice and positive made this stay a real treat. Especially to comment are the location and the variety of the restaurants, tested all and any of them, and there especially the superb food. A must to try is the Square one on the first floor, try to sit outside, even it seems still to warm in the evening you will smell the lively Saigon.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple