“Good Food and Price ”

Ranked #307 of 4,439 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Streetfood type restaurant with quality ingredients that serves mainly fresh seafood and contemporary dishes created by the chef/owner. Absolutely no MSG used!
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Business hours from 11:00-23:00 hours .

Taxi ride from Benh Tan market to the restaurants ( 50k Dong )

Party of 3 .

We came here at 12pm and was seated on the second floor.

Ordered the following:

FYI: “Portion are big . Good for 3-4”

Happy Salad : very delicious. The fruity dressing combined well with the savoriness of the beef.

Cajun Shrimp with bread
( 300 grams about 12 shrimps ) :
shrimp was fresh, but the sauce was on the sweet side and didn’t have the Cajun spices that I’m use back in the states.

Crab with vermicelli noodles : simple and good

Morning glory with garlic : well executed . Very yummy .

Special signature drink with lemongrass, pineapples and kumquat : Its a must order . Super-duper refreshing .

Total cost 740k Dong .

Service was excellent . Friendly English speaking staff .

1  Thank SoloJoe

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Saw this spot featured on the Netflix show “Ugly Delicious,” so we were excited to visit. We went with the shrimp fusion dish. As you can see from the photos, these shrimp are huge. Try the seafood fried rice, too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We were seated on a different floor. The staff was nice but the specialty dishes that we chose did not impress us. All the press and hype didn’t make sense. The happy salad, Cajun shrimp and we ordered another dish that I don’t even remember. For the happy salad the beef was tough the only I liked about It were the limes...sometimes Asian food doesn’t need the fusion element and it should be left they way it was classically made.

As a Vietnamese American who has traveled to Saigon 3 times now, this was not a highlight of our trip, just a disappointing one.

nikkytran, Owner at Cau Ba Quan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

I apologize for the tough beef. Will investigate the reason why and will be more careful about our supply. We are also sorry that your trip to our place was a disappointment. However the happy salad is not a fusion dish at all since there is nothing fusion about it. All of those are local ingredients being put together in a different way!

Thank you for your input! Nikky Tran.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I have been looking forward to visiting this restaurant for such a long time now, and this is some of the best seafood we have ever tasted! Big juicy shrimps, lots of spicy goodness and the happy salad made us SO HAPPY. Highly recommend, put this gorgeous little place at the top of your list of places to eat in Saigon

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

My sister and I had been planning our trip to Vietnam and very early on we watched the somebody feed Phil episode featuring this restaurant and Nikky Tran and we were not disappointed. We WOULD have loved to meet Nikky but it’s wasn’t to be. Worth coming from NZ for and walking for an hour to find. We left very happy ladies, thanks Nikky

Thank you so much for visiting our restaurant! I'm currently on a project away from Saigon but when I'm in NZ, I'll sure say hello to you :-)

Nikky Tran!