“Very tasty Dim Sum, good value for money and excellent service”

Restaurant Ai Hue 2
Ranked #971 of 4,452 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 10 April 2018

This is well know restaurant and we was there for breakfast Dim Sum, the dishes tasty and follow Hong Kong style Dim Sum, good selection of Dim Sum and so the price which very affordable for the quality of the food. I would happy recommend the Prawn wrapped in fried tofu skin (I don't really like tofu but this dishe is yummy) and so Har Gow and the Kim Sa Bun (which I could happily eat three of them in one go)
The atmosphere was a bit noisy as always in a Chinese restaurant but acceptable as few big tables of large group near us. Service was quick and promptly and the serving staff well informed us of the favourite dishes which I glad we ordered it base on her recommended. Head of Dim Sum chef Mr Quan also chosen some of his recommend dish (which included the Prawn wrapped in tofu skin)
For mid end casual Dim Sum in Saigon, I would happy to recommend this restaurant any time. Dim Sum is for breakfast so come in morning

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Well, you shall rarely disappointed about Chinese food, especially with Vietnamese fusion taste. I have been here number of times and enjoyed very much. The food is amazing, typical Hong Kong style with Vietnamese flavors (I guess). You can try out fried prawn dim with mayonnaise sauce (my favorite), Perking style roasted duck is good too. The price is not too high but not cheap at all. Staff is helpful and attentive. The minus point is the location of the restaurant is on a quite small street, that's quite struggle for those who come there with family by car. Anyway, recommend this restaurant for family dinner.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

For my trip to Ho Chi Minh City I was recommended to visit this restaurant. And I am happy that I have been there. Because they serve the best chinese food I have ever had in my life. Even better the ones I had got in Hongkong. Thats why I visited Ai Hue 2 three times in one week.

Each time the restaurant was full of people but the service and the food were excellent!! I booked a table for 10 persons and we got a seperate room on the 6th floor. The whole time we had two services around us and they were very attentively. They pured the tea for us, changed it when it got cold. For many dishes they gave us cleaned plates and bowls.

I ordered a dinner with 8 courses and each of them was very delicious and authetic. For exemple we had a chinese style pigling or abalone with sea cumcumber and green asperarus. But also crabs with ginger or fried rice with five ingredients. And even the dessert was phantastic!!!

The amount of our bill was not very low but it was absolutely ok for this quality. And I have never been regret to be there. In my opinion areally very high recommended restaurant!!!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Gourmet-Hannover
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We are in VN so we’ll spend our VND accordingly to the VN standard. At this premium price, I expect most of what I order to be above average to earn solid stars. Shanghai dumplings have been my favorite dumplings of all. Ai Hue Shanghai has lots of broth inside, the skin is thin, but it is doughy in texture. Not great, but not bad. My Husband’s favorite dumpling is Xiu Mai. Ai Hue Xiu Mai doesn’t have enough shrimp so it lacks crunchiness. The steamed rice roll, AKA Bánh cuốn, is slightly mushy, lacking the slight chewy springy texture of a great Bánh cuon. The rest of dim sum are not bad, but not great either. Ai Hue best is their desserts. The egg tarts, especially the one with salted egg, and the fried rice balls, especially the bitter melon, are spot on delicious.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Fine Cantonese food, dim shum

price is reasonable and very large space for sitting, good environment and nice service, will go there again if i visit saigon

Date of visit: October 2017